Monday, June 18, 2007

Daa! Daa! Daa!

Or UFO Baby!!! Hey.. that's a new kids' anime that I love to watch recently. Kids Central every weekdays at 3pm (darn... I will miss it today). The stories are totally funny and for joking sake. However, I am very much entertained by the lameness. And although it is quite embarassing, sometimes the stories are so touching that I cry while watching... It is not a new anime for me (I watched the Indon-dubbed) so it was exciting when the first time I watched it here because it made me remember the good old times. Hiks hiks. Unfortunately, the English-dub is very much disappointing. They speak so fast (so sometimes I cannot catch the joke), they anyhow change the name (Kanata becomes Cody??? Miyu becomes Keely??????? Christine and Santa are left like that because those are English names but thank goodness they never change the names of Ruu and Waanya), and the voice of Waanya is so horribly disgusting (not cute!). I shall consider buying the VCDs when the price has dropped even lower. Heh heh...

Talking about the changing of the names, I am very stunned with the gross pirated FF XII (but priced as original) that I bought. The English subs is really a direct translation (in fact direct pronounciation of the Chinese subtitle. The translator clearly does not know about the game at all. Vaan becomes Bang, Ashe becomes Aixe, Balthier becomes Bunnyfair. What the...???!!!! And worse, he/she is blind because some names are pronounced by the Square Enix at the game itself but the subtitle is still wrong (Lhusu Mines becomes Louis Mine, Ondore becomes Angtoru, and the sky city name becomes Bairuba). It's a headache watching it!!!

Okay... I am having a mind-blank again. I don't know what to write. I just bought Takki & Tsubasa's latest album... I want to buy Waterboys (a Japanese movie in 2001) but I think I won't find it anywhere. Ah ya I just watched Fantastic Four: The Rise of the Silver Surfer. Wheew...lucky that I watched it. Although a newspaper rated it 2 stars only, I think that the film is pretty good (in fact, better than the first one). But I am disappointed that Harry Potter trailer is not out yet :( I want to see it I want to see it!!!!

No comments: