Sunday, December 3, 2006

I'm home

After 4 years of hard work, the well-deserved break is here. I am glad that I have reached home safely and can experience the joy and sadness of a house life. Something I have been missing for.

This time I came home as a Santa (coincidental with Christmas) because I brought so many things back to give to relatives. Yah, as long as the luggage did not break, I’m fine.

I still haven’t finished my unpacking because my room has become the storeroom of the family. The rate of my family members dumping their stuff into my room is much faster than the rate I have new things to buy. So now my room is really like a shipwreck. Things get worse because my dad wants me to clear all my boxes (I have 8 of them). What the…. I have no idea how to squeeze the contents into my room. My attempt to get rid of my sisters’ stuff is futile before my mom removes her thing from their (and mine too!) room. So it really becomes a finger-pointing game. No matter what, I am not gonna give in and let my comics, cds, and rubbish to be stored elsewhere. No no no no no….

The new glass cabinet for my robot is great. It makes my Gundam robots and other toys look fabulous. The base that I bought for some of the robots work too J It’s too bad that Deathscythe has a full wing so I cant stick it to the base. Wing Zero, on the other hand, is a disappointment! It’s my favourite robot but it is somehow spoilt (poor quality control from Bandai or maybe it was due to my pathetic skill of assembling as it was the very first model I ever made). The arms cannot hold the rifle (don’t try to put twin rifle buster), the body cannot withstand the weight of the wings, and the body is tilted to the left. Ah I almost forgot, the right shoulder is “dislocated”. Maybe I shall buy a new one. So when I make it to fly, it cannot fly vertically. Due to its weight, it will tilt automatically into a whooping bird position (by the Law of Physics, that means the center of gravity of the robot is somewhere not in the robot…..whatever…it’s far too complicated and I’ll REALLY consider buying a new one). Other robots have no problem and I have another 5 to go. It will take me weeks to assemble all of them but I’ll start slowly.

I haven’t got time to read my comics. There are only about 30 new comics this time (it used to be 60 each time I come home) because some titles: Inu Yasha, Conan, Legenda Naga, only come out ONCE every 6 months. Other comics are getting more irregular. Prince of Tennis only came out up to no 17 (3 books in 6 months) and I don’t know why because in Japan it has reached volume 30 something.

I saw my younger sister’s chemistry book. She has taken over me and is in university already. Wow…the chem. is super easy. I have learnt ALL of it in JC (crazy Singapore education), including the hexagonal whatever-dunno-what molecular orbital theory and energy of covalent bond which I ever saw during Olympiad training and S paper respectively. So if I continue my study here, I can take over her again. Hahaha….

Hmm….the era of internet is back but I’m already sick of surfing and downloading stuff. Yesterday I tried to download IE7 but it would take 4 damn hours. Decided to try it through but after half of it was done, a phone call interrupted and everything was busted. Darn…
My journey will continue again… My room has been much tidier but there are things lying around still. But tomorrow will be better as I can start listening to xmas carols anymore. Well, xmas carols are the best songs in the world!!!!

1 comment:

Jinci Chen said...

haha. lol u read comics too? o haha. so come back to study la. then u can take over her again. as u said. HAHA