Wednesday, April 8, 2020

Start of circuit breaker

I went out at 11am on the day before circuit breaker and the panic buying was still ongoing. I waited 20 minutes to dabao my lunch although it was not that crowded. At least now I know that it would still be worth waiting for food delivery (even when it took more than 1.5 hours on last Friday) than to physically wait at the food place. My main aim was to 'beat the crowd' to cut hair but that did not happen. There were 3 people queueing at both EC House as well as the Malay Barber. The 'atas' Barberhouse next to EC House was empty but seeing the $40+ price tag... uuh never mind.

I finished reading The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crime of Grindelwald and I wanted to keep it away so that I can put the next book to read on my desk. I ended up rearranging my boxes but I really had no more space in the boxes :( Sigh... I realised that even my anime books are scattered in few boxes now. Previously I always put them in a box but now that box is too full. I have been away from home for too long and that's why everything is stacking up here.

Yesterday was the first day of circuit breaker although apparently schools only started home-based learning today. No wonder the traffic outside my place in the morning was just as crowded as usual. I did not have to go out yet since I still had my last stock of banana for dinner. It was also the first gym session at home. Initially I was worried about the timing/timer but I completed a full set of the 'no equipment exercise' thanks to an online timer. The exercise mat that I bought last year for my physio exercises but I stopped using is finally useful again. This experience taught me that spending for gym is worth for me. Without the weights and equipments, the no equipment alternatives do not really feel like anything. I am also worried if I do something wrongly without someone watching over me. So yeah don't complain that gym is expensive.

From yesterday 7pm until today 7pm, Singapore Archdiocese held 24 hours of Prayer, Fasting, and Adoration. Fasting is out for me since I am paranoid over my gastric so I chose penance of not playing all my mobile games for 24 hours. Suprisingly I survived it with little problems or withdrawal symptoms. In fact, I felt quite liberated today haha... But after 7pm today then  I started playing again hor.. Ask me to stop playing also I think I am very sayang. I tried to do 1 hour of adoration last night and I only survived for 25 minutes. That was including one round of rosary. Gosh.. Time was crawling but at least I tried.

Today I was very restless because of my hair. Haha.. I read the news that people are not really taking the circuit breaker seriously and with the number of cases continuously increasing, I am worried that it is a matter of time before things would get even more serious and perhaps haircut would not be considered essential anymore. After thinking hard, I decided to book an appointment at the LA Barbershop today. Thomson Plaza branch is new so it is having 20% off and the final cost is $32.55. I tried to reason that since EC House is charging $15 now for 10 minutes cut, this $30+ for 30 minutes service is reasonable lah. This is my first time going to a barber in Singapore and washing was included. Lol.. Last time my barber in Indonesia did not include washing although lately I go to saloon since it is just at MKG across my house. The barber can cut shorter than the usual 10 minute cut so lets see if this can last me 3 months. If it can, then I do not mind coming back again since it is more or less comparable in terms of cost and time spent to the 10 minute cut. I feel emo now since after each hair cut, it makes me realise that I am balding with my forehead is now 1/3 of my face :(

So yeah with hair matters out of my head now, I am not that worried about lockdown anymore. It was quite enjoyable to go out minus the crowd. I do not what to feel seeing honey shop and whisky shop are still open. I mean how essential are they? But really there is no easy answer. If they close, how will the worker earn? If they open, how many people would actually be buying. Initially I thought I would need to do groceries once every 2 days but today I decided to buy banana and 4 red dragon fruit. They should be sufficient for 6 days so I can practise to be a hermit until next week hehe

Over the weekend, I told myself that since my office is already on full WFH, I would avail myself for volunteering again since I would not be putting my colleagues at risk. The question came on Monday and I am happy that I said that I would be available. Although in the end they said I would not need to be activated, at least I stayed true to my promise. Then yesterday suddenly there is this initiative to activate reserve healthcare professionals as standby in case shit hits the fan. Oh no.. is it a sign that things may be getting worse? Anyway I registered because it is a promise to myself and to God since I changed job 2 years ago that I would make use of my weekend to be more fruitful. And among various ways of volunteering, making use of my license will always be my top priority since it is not a role that any Tom, Dick, or Harry can do even if they want.

No comments: