Thursday, April 16, 2020

Sad birthday, Happy Easter

I was so excited last year upon realising that in 2020 my birthday coincides with Easter. I was planning to have a good break home to have a double celebration. All hopes and dreams were dashed just because of tiny virus. My driving license expired on my birthday and since they did not allow me to renew it many months in advance when I went for my friend's wedding earlier this year, I have to say goodbye. There is no way I can pass the re-testing to get a new license.

Ironically, thanks to Easter, I did not feel as emo as expected. I think I am getting older that I cannot be bothered that much about birthday anymore and I was more excited for Easter haha.. I even watched the Easter Mass on Sunday despite already watching the Easter Vigil.

My parish Landings group attempted to start online activity via Zoom on Monday. It was my first time using Zoom as an active participant and I initially could not figure out how to get the microphone working. Even though it was not muted, it was set to minimum so it appeared as if not working. I was too shy to turn on my camera as I did not want my background (toy collection) to be visible. Zoom has a nice picture of changing the background to their background but I have not figured out how haha... I am quite noob but at least thanks to experience with Teams at work, I am not that lost for online meetings -one skill I will not get if I did not change job.

On Tuesday, my laptop frustrated me again. Google Chrome spiked my disk usage to 100% and crashed. I could not fix it so I decided to uninstall to reinstall. I could not even get it to reinstall because of the disk usage sigh... Somehow on Wednesday, I could reinstall and things seem to be okay now. This fucking laptop is barely 4 years old and keeps driving me crazy. It is a wonder how my previous laptop lasted for a decade. Is it because of Dell? Is it because of Windows 10? Is it because I tried to save the battery life by not plugging in so sometimes it is forced to shut down when I turn off the power point before the machine completely turns down? Since I already have an office laptop now, there will be no need for personal laptop for work so there is no reason for me to save battery life anymore and I decide to just plug in all the way. Let's see if things will be better.

I am amused seeing so many people getting apeshit over partial lockdown. I am actually enjoying myself. Today was my first time going out in 10 days to replenish my fruits. I actually did not need to go out since I still could have my cereal for dinners but my main reason to go out was to withdraw cash for my rental payment. Honestly I did not feel that the road was quieter than usual. The mall was emptier than usual and I enjoyed it.

Ironically, many shelves were empty (is this a sign of food supply disruption). With Lent over, the temptation to get my diet back to the wrong track is so high. Thanks to inertia now it favours keeping to my Lenten discipline. Even when I wanted to get potato chips and sweet drinks, nothing was on offer. Lol... Obviously with most people stuck at home, people would be stocking up on these tidbits so there is no need to put them on sale and the shelves are also partially empty. I was tempted for bubble tea but decided not to get it and my clean sheet still continues.

There is still no progress towards 60kg for more than a week and I am slowly losing steam. Suprisingly I am still able to consistently doing the home exercises although without the weights, half of the movements is like 'nothing'. Now the biggest struggle is not to over-order for lunch and just to meet the bare minimum. Haiz I promise to be disciplined again next week. Today I bought food for dinner since I was already out, instead of eating my fruit. I feel so full until now. I did not even overeat since it is something usual I eat for lunch. I think I am used to eating less now so I better not ruin it and get back to my fruits hur hur..

No comments: