Sunday, April 21, 2019

Pokemon Go Safari Zone at Sentosa

I could not wake up for the 7am mass so I went for 930am. If not because of Pokemon Go Safari Zone, perhaps I would be lazy to go out on the whole day. Although I am not a huge fan of Pokemon and I consider myself as only casual Pokemon Go player, Safari Zone at Sentosa is the first ever Pokemon Go event held in Singapore. Of course I would love to experience it and there are plenty of pokemons that are not available outside this event. My friends pangseh me by either not registering or already going on Friday so I went alone.

I don't think there is nothing special with the actual event at Sentosa. Plenty of Pokemon-themed standees as decorations and that is as much Pokemon atmosphere is present. There are 2 pop-up stores that sell plushies but it is not special plushies to commemorate the event so I see no point in buying. There is also a pop up store to promote Pokemon-themed shirts by Original Stitch. They gave out stickers for instructions to buy the shirts online. They are not cheap but for big fans, why not?

I was out under the sun to start crossing the Sentosa board walk at 12pm and I left at past 3pm. I would not complain since I managed to catch few Tropius, few Alolan Exeggutor (yes before this I had zero), and Unowns. The available Unowns are only alphabets that spell S-E-N-T-O-S-A and I missed out T. Unowns are the ones most difficult to catch and escape quite frequently. After 3 hours under the punishing sun, I gave up. So funny that I was alright coming back from Japan and I got tanned from the 3 hours at Sentosa. I don't normally wear cap but for I wore throughout this event because it was really a hot day. On the way back, I got a nice surprise catching Shiny Kabuto so overall I think it was worth going hahaha...

Let's end this with photos.
Here we go!
End of the Board Walk and the beginning of Safari Zone experience
Nice unique medal to commemorate the event
Looks small in the photo but this is the giant Merlion
Lapras float
Display at the Original Stitch pop up tent
A sample of the various Pokemon standees
Spark, my Gym leader
This looks like the only dedicated photo spot. I thought I would have no picture from this event and I took selfie somewhere else. Thank goodness someone was stationed here to help to take photos so at least I have a photo to commemorate this event. Lol.

No comments: