Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Japan Trip Day 5: From Tottori to Tokyo

The amazing experience I have at Tottori is ruined by the bus trip to the airport. I don't know why the bus driver did not open the trunk for my luggage. Lucky my luggage size is just nice to move in and the bus was not as crowded as the bus in Tokyo. The staff at ANA check in counter was amazing though. Initially she spoke to me in Japanese but after seeing my passport, she spoke to me in English. To make use of the time, I still took photos of the Conan stuff around the airport. I found out that there is a viewing gallery on the third floor. There is a place to take photo but I did not dare to ask the only man who was around that area. I am biased looking at his cigarette and beer. If only there was staff or other tourist, I would be daring to ask them to help take a photo. I also did not dare to take photos in the walking area from the gate to the plane T_T The framed pictures are Conan illustrations available in the artbooks so it is okay to miss.

The Airport Limousine bus that stopped directly at Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay only started at 11am. I should have had a meal in the airport first and took the 11am bus instead of taking 1030am bus that stopped at Disneyland. I wasted more time to find the bus stop for the shuttle bus to the hotels and after finding it, the shuttle bus to my hotel is not as frequent as to Hilton Tokyo Bay hotel, for example.

My first impression for Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay is not good. The Disney shop is small and there isn't even a kombini. There is a drug store with overpriced drinks and lack of the usual kombini food for breakfast. Bleah..

I had lunch at Ikspiari food court for the first time. I tried Susan's Meat Ball since I wanted to have rice. I saw a sign for Mastercard Paypass but my card did not work :( Funny.. The normal credit card function worked though.

I went to Akihabara and for the first time in history, I came back without anime or manga stuff. I only bought a new SD card for my camera. I went to Zoff to get my sister Winnie the Pooh spectacles. While waiting for it, I only visited Akihabara Radio Kaikan, Lashinbang, and Mandarake. I could not find the GraffArt shop for Digimon items even with Google Maps. Haiz.. As usual I went to Don Quijote for Kit Kat and other Japanese snacks to bring home. The PRC guy at the tax free counter was fucking rude sia. These people really spoil Japanese hospitality reputation. I bought Conan face masks. I was tempted to buy a box for each design but decided to try a piece each first. Haha.. I don't normally like to use face mask since I find it sticky. Currently my face is peeling so I don't mind trying these Conan masks. Lol.
So cute right? Except for the hannin of course
I decided to just return to hotel and say goodbye to Nakano or Odaiba. My legs were tired which is an obvious sign of aging sigh.. Back in the hotel, my impression improved slightly as my luggages were already delivered to my room. Wow.. The hotel room is even more amazing than the King Celebrio Room at Hilton Tokyo Bay that I had last September. The bathroom is luxuriously spacious with separate bath tub for soaking and shower room for showering. Suprisingly there is no bottled drinking water since the water from tap is safe to drink o_0 I have 5000 yen voucher to use in the restaurant downstairs. There is no drink but at least I can use it to get breakfast from the bakery and perhaps a proper hotel breakfast once. One more amazing thing that I have to mention with the hotel room is audio system goes all the way to the toilet. So yes I can soak and relax in the bathtub with music from the room instead of from my mobile device. Lol.
With such a long corridor, it feels like an apartment than a hotel room :D
There is still quite a big space next to the bed farther from the window. The music box to control the audio is here (not in the photo).
I was standing at the sink area so the bathroom is even bigger than what the photo shows
Shiseido wor :p
The toiletries near to the sink. The moisturising gel will be useful for my sunburnt neck.
I spent the evening checking out Disney Store at Ikspiari and Bon Voyage. I only bought peanut snacks from Bon Voyage. I am tempted to get Baymax plushie or a Baymax and Hiro hugging plushie but I will reserve them until the final day if my luggage still have space. I bought drinking water from kombini here and carried them back to the hotel. Another sign of aging is that I decide to just wait for the shuttle bus from Bayside station to the hotel. In September, I was impatient to wait for the bus and I preferred to walk to Hilton which is actually further than Hotel Okura Tokyo Bay from Bayside station. All this aging in mere 6 months.. Sheesh.. For now, I shall have a good rest to prepare for hopefully another magical day at Disneysea.

No comments: