Thursday, April 11, 2019

Birthday Trip

Before this I have never ever posted on the day of departure for my trip. This time is special. Nope it is not because of my birthday haha. My boss is kind enough to allow me to work undertime today and I paid those hours in advance. So I left office at 1230. My colleagues even rushed to get me a cake to celebrate. How nice of them and I thank God for sending me to this current job.

I had difficulty deciding how kiasu I should be with my clothes. I am not worried about Tokyo weather but for Tottori, especially since I am planning to do hiking and outdoor activities. I have a friend who is currently traveling to the more exotic parts of Japan and it looks very cold. Haiz.. I decided to bring 3 heat tech innerwear and my fleece jacket. I hope they will be enough.

I booked Grab at 6pm and lucky me the evening rush hour had not started. That is why I am now at The Green Market using my Arturre lounge pass. It is not a lounge per se as the food is one set meal of my choice. Food quality is closer to a restaurant than the usual self-service buffet style lounges. So while still having 2 more hours until my flight, I decide to use the WiFi to type this. Hehe..

I was hoping for a miracle to travel on my birthday but nope I did not get any upgrade. I am happy enough that the immigration officer wished me a happy birthday though. Lol. I am old now and all I hope for birthday is just safety and nice weather for my travel. I am very worried since weather forecast for Sunday and Monday is raining :( Now I know why there is a phrase ‘April showers bring May flowers’. I want to paraglide and take nice photos leh.. Nevertheless no point thinking about something not within my control so I shall just enjoy this holiday. Worst comes to the worst, let’s visit Tottori again in the future haha..

No comments: