Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Welcome to the year of Earth Boar/Pig

"Pig" sounds rather crude so I am not sure if the proper English translation is year of the pig or year the boar. Not that it really matter. I noticed that for at least for the past 3 years, I did not really post anything for CNY. That is an obvious reminder on how shit my life had been. Hopefully things will start turn for the better starting this year.

My godma is not in Singapore as she is accompanying my aunt at Pontianak. This is the first CNY that my aunt is alone for CNY since my grandma passed away. With that, I did not have CNY eve dinner to attend to. A colleague asked me if I wanted to join her dinner with her Malaysian friends who did not go back for this CNY. I was quite reluctant since I am lazy to meet strangers but I decided to be less antisocial so I went. We had steamboat at Crystal Jade La Mian Xiao Long Bao at Holland Village. I am not a fan of steamboat but that is the reunion dinner tradition here so I just follow.

Don Don Donki is opening 24 hours as usual for CNY so I was contemplating if I wanted to go out yesterday. Thanks to the steamboat, my stomach was not feeling good yesterday. Haha.. that is exactly why I do not enjoy steamboat. So I spent the whole day at home yesterday and went to Donki this morning instead. It is the second day of CNY and I was surprised that most shops were still closed. Compared to last year, I think there were more shops closed for this year.  Maybe because it can be considered a long weekend with Monday being the eve and traditionally a half day for working people. I won't complain since it is quite relaxing to have quieter atmosphere here for a change. My plan to get drunk for CNY also failed since the mead that I bought needs uncorking instead of just using a normal bottle cap T_T I don't usually drink but since mead is fermented honey, it is something unique and I bought it just for the sake of trying.

I will have to deal with the consequences of my dietary indiscretion during this CNY. In fact my face starts to peel and burn since last evening. Grrr... I decided to let CNY be my cheat days by getting a bag of wasabi ginger potato chips (no way I will spend $6.95 for a bag of potato chips under normal circumstances) and a jumbo seafood Nissin instant noodle. These two had entered my circulation but obviously I bought more than 1 packet of potato chips or instant noodles. Time to return back to diet.

I spent my CNY breaks unproductively by catching up on my Disney Tsum Tsum and Final Fantasy Mobius games. Lol. Initially I thought I could read books since I still have Fantastic Beasts and the Crime of Grindelwald movie book, Harry Potter exhibition book, and FF VII history book but games are more interesting. Haha. My eyes though T_T

Some people are skeptical about the feng shui and horoscope thingy. I usually read for fun instead of depending my life on it. Well at least for the next one year, I can quote the following and enjoy another year of bachelorhood. Lol.
I have read sometime similar from another feng shui master so I think generally it should be true that it may not be a right year to find a girlfriend yet :p
My CNY message this year is: "In honour of the animal of the year, there is no excuse not to eat a lot and sleep a lot this year". In other words, please pig out this year :p Yes, I hope people will eat a lot and get fat. Hehe.. It is easier to hope that other people become fat instead of me gaining weight. Some friends say that I am very funny but I have another friend with an even better CNY message: "I wish you all as happy as it seems on social media". Mwahaha.. that is what I call awesome ^o^

No comments: