Sunday, February 11, 2018

Splurging on toys... again...

I actually had nothing that I wanted to buy when I went to check some toy shops at Plaza Singapura. At Movie Replica, I saw an Aladdin Christmas 2017 Ornament set for $70. I was almost tempted to buy I decided to check it out online first. I bought the Aladdin only at Mandarake in December and it should not be that expensive. The search for it cost me a few hundred dollars as I found more Aladdin things.

In the end I bought the ornament set for 2000 yen at Mandarake. I also ended up discovering new Aladdin stuff such as Aladdin & Jasmine Magic Carpet Ride by Lenox, Aladdin & Jasmine Hallmark Christmas ornament 2017, and Disney Enchanting Collection from Enesco. There are 3 Aladdin figures from Disney Enchanting Collection (Abu, Jafar & Iago, Aladdin & Jasmine). I checked out Amazon again and finally found a seller who ships internationally for Jim Shore's Aladdin & Jasmine Wedding. There is this random porcelain figurine from Tokyo Disney Resort and Aladdin WCF set as well.

With introduction of Amazon Prime in Singapore, shopping from Amazon gets a bit more troublesome now. Ordering from Singapore's Amazon Prime must be from mobile app and I am horrified that my phone is considered too ancient to support the app. Bleah.. Amazon US also removes the free shipping to Singapore although on the bright side the shipping fee is still very reasonable.

Let's wait another 1-2 weeks and I will be complaining about storage space when all these figurines arrive. Sigh..

I made an interesting discovery on Youtube on the presence of Japanese version of Disney songs sung by various male seiyuus. Apparently there are already 4 albums titled Disney Date ~Koe no Oujisama~ volume 1-4. Since only male seiyuus are featured, it is quite funny to hear the couple duets being sung by 2 males. Haha.. Reading the youtube comments are even funnier as people are imagining these songs as yaoi involving 2 anime characters from the series that the seiyuus have worked on. Anyway the songs have new arrangement so they are not direct copy paste of the Disney version so it is still interesting to listen. They feel quite J-Pop like rather than Disney like.

Final Fantasy Dissidia NT is out and I am really tempted to get the Collector's Edition. Yes I don't even have PS4 and I really want it just for the Warrior of Light bust and the artbook. I really regretted not pre-ordering as even if I just want to get the bust and the artbook, the prices from eBay sellers which split them are crazy. As a consolation, I only get the US game guide for now.

Anyway there is no need to play the game as people were very quick to upload the whole cinematic cutscenes from the game to Youtube. As compared to the PSP Dissidia, I feel that the story for NT is rubbish and too forced. It is cool to see the final battle when both the good and bad guys fight together to defeat Shinryu but before that they are just faking their fights to make Shinryu appear. What the heck man!! I am also not impressed that Squall simply goes missing from the "main" story sia.
All the cutscenes

Gotta admit that this is cooler than the very first Dissidia introduction but the transition from 1 scene to the next is too fast

National Steps Challenge had an event at Bishan Junction 8 this weekend. I decided to join since it is near home. I tried the Completers Challenge yesterday and I completed it in 4:44. What an awesome timing and I think I would not be in the top 100 to get anything. Haiz.. I actually did not expect that the challenge will be this physical so I was not in the right attire. My jeans kept dropping and I had to adjust it repeatedly during the burpees and crunches.
I have never even done 20 jumping burpees at one go in the gym sia..
I did the normal challenge today which essentially was going around the shopping malls to find 3 stamps and answer 2 questions. I had difficulty finding the board near Din Tai Fung as it was placed in between the 2 kiddy machines. The prize contained $5 subway voucher and a small towel. Waste of my time sia.. For completing the challenges, I got 4 chances to play the Timezone machines for chances to win even bigger prizes but the queue for both machines and for both games were too long so I could not be bothered.

No comments: