Friday, September 15, 2017

Pre-holiday emotional roller coaster

This is the usual pattern of holiday planning:
Long time before the trip while booking flights and planning of itinerary: ECSTATIC
As the trip comes closer, the planning gets to the details more: IRRITATING
1 week before the trip: I CAN'T WAIT FOR NEXT WEEK!
Few days later: Don't worry. There is enough time to prepare.
3 days before: YAY! Time to start packing.
2 days to 1 day before: OMG OMG CAN'T FINISH PACKING
Few hours before: I will just buy things at the holiday place T_T

Holiday should be a time to relax and to be enjoyed. But the Mr Perfectionist in me wants to prepare everything and that gives the unnecessary stress. Partly because I will be alone in a foreign land for the first day. Where does my YOLO-ness go? 15 years ago I was dumped to live in Singapore alone and many times I travelled alone: no big deal. Few years ago I took taxi in wee hours of the morning in Seoul and I resigned to my fate if I would be kidnapped by North Korean. Haha.. Now I am so old already but I can't understand why I am so worried and scared to be in Osaka alone.

I am not too happy with my hair but after yesterday's photoshoot for pharmacist day, I think I don't look too ugly. Today was teachers' day celebration and I think I look not too ugly as well. Hopefully tomorrow everything is smooth and see how things go la.

YOLO spirit man!

No comments: