Sunday, July 2, 2017

Identity crisis

So last week Harry Potter is celebrating its 20th anniversary after the first book was published on 26 June 1997. Time really flies but perhaps it is because I only came across Harry Potter in 1999 or 2000. Looking back, I was really really in Pottermore that I wrote a post about it. I was sorted into Ravenclaw back then. With the recent revamp of Pottermore, I decided to re-do the sorting (although there was a choice to reclaim the previous House) to see if I would get Ravenclaw again. I got Hufflepuff -_-"

So yes, currently I am facing an identity crisis. Lol.. Like yesterday during the Harry Potter film concert, when the conductor asked which House the audience is in, I could not associate myself with any. I used my gmail to create another account today and yet I got Hufflepuff again. No offense to Hufflepuff but I can't seem to relate to their values according to current Pottermore description: hard work, patience, loyalty, and fair play. In fact, I am a complete opposite: lazy/trying to find shortcut at work and very impatient.

The description for the other Houses are: Ravenclaw prizes wit, learning, and wisdom; Slytherin are proud, ambitious, and cunning; Gryffindor values courage, bravery, and determination. I think I am a Ravenclaw based on my preferences when answering the game-like questions (not sure if I am biased because of my very first Pottermore result) but yeah I am rather nerdy, proud of my brain, eccentric, and individualistic. But looking at my real life personality, I am not ashamed to mention that I am the closest to a Slytherin: arrogant, competitive, and will do anything (as long as not illegal) to achieve my goals, but I am not really a team person. Hmm.. come to think of it, I can't think of anything contradictory from Ravenclaw so maybe that's my House.

So because there was concert merchandises whatsover, I try to see if eBay has any of the concert programme booklet from overseas. There is nothing and instead eBay shows me wands. Of course the original wands from The Noble Collection are crazily priced and I could only afford the fake replica from China. The last time I followed the wands was in 2011 and that time I bought everything that was available: Harry, Ron, Hermione, Dumbledore, Voldemort, Sirius, Draco, Sirius, and Fleur. Lo and behold, now there are 21 other wands that I have yet to own yet. I bought all (lol) and that set me back $200 exactly. Less than $10 each so it is a better deal than USD32.50 each from The Noble Collection. I am a peasant after all. Haha.. 21+9 is a total of 30 wands but that is still not a complete set. OMG hahaha.. Not to mention Fantastic Beasts..

No comments: