Sunday, June 25, 2017

STEPS back to the 90s

I did not know that STEPS released new singles and a new album this year to celebrate their 20th anniversary. I had no idea how youtube ended up recommending the Scared of the Dark which was actually released in March this year. 2 days ago, the official video clip for the next single, Story of a Heart was uploaded. Wheee...
Scared of the Dark
Story of a Heart
It is really great to hear them like what they used to be 20 years ago, especially Claire's and Faye's vocals. They are always great at singing covers and their original songs still can be hits or misses. Even the music videos and the dances are still like their old music videos.

Ian used to be my favourite but I think he does not age well. He looks quite different from his younger days and does not seem as goofy. Lisa looks like she has some botox or plastic surgery. Faye, Claire, and Lee age very well. In fact Claire and Lee look as young as in the past. I hope in 20 years time I still look like myself in the 20s man..

The music in late 90s to early 2000s is the best and clicking from one music video to the next can easily use up 1 whole holiday. Westlife, Spice Girls, STEPS, S Club 7, Britney Spears, Boyzone, and many others... The list is just endless. Listening to the music from my childhood really makes me realise how old I am. Time really waits for noone. It also makes me realise that I lost part of my childhood in the first 4 years when I came to Singapore as I did not really know the final few songs before these great groups disbanded. Yep.. those were the years without TV and internet connection.
I Know Him So Well
I just came across this song when watching a video of STEPS singles. This was released as a double A-side with Words Are Not Enough. I don't think STEPS released a music video for this but I found the by Mel C and Emma Bunton, the 2 Spices with the better voices :)

The only productive thing I did today is cleaning up my table and dusting my 4 Tsume statues. I was so reluctant to do it but once I started dusting, I thought it was kinda therapeutic. It is always like that. Haha.. I also finally tried the new Pokemon Go gym and raid. The new gym system sucks but at least the raid is quite enjoyable despite the limitation of only able to do it once a day with the free raid pass.

No comments: