Sunday, January 25, 2015

What's up?

Wew.. only 1 post so far in January. I never thought that catching up with my work and continuing with my study would be taking up so much time. For the past week, I have been away at a hospital for my attachment. I had PTSD thinking about it as it is the hospital whee I had all the bad experiences as a student a few years ago. I am so glad that the preceptor I am following this time is much nicer than the one I got a few years ago. I still have another 1.5 week and I really hope that I don't see the ex-preceptor that I hate.

I was expecting that I could relax since I am away from my usual work, from scolding people, and from being scolded. I was wrong. Haha.. Okay, honestly, the stress is less but there is still stress, a different kind of stress. I am not stressed over my lousiness as I know there are so many things that I don't know. In fact, my aim for this attachment is just to clear whatever I need to submit, not so much about the learning itself. My eyes are very tired as I am sitting in front of the computer the whole day. I don't mind working hard as long as it is not wasted. But out of the 10 cases that I clerked, less than half will actually be useful. Haiz.. Many of the cases are too simple or they are of the same/similar disease. T_T After reaching home, I have to continue tidying up the slides or replying my work emails. Pity my eyes.

Things still don't get better after my surgery. I am badly constipated again. Haiz.. This time I don't have any antibiotic to blame. I don't know if it is because I don't dare to push the shit out or if it is because I only take cereals nowadays for dinner. One thing which I am very sure is that the output is much lesser than the amount of food that I eat. So what happen inside my intestines sia? I even bought lactulose and dulcolax and they don't help. Sigh.. After taking dulcolax, I only have water coming out instead of shit. To make things worse, my right side is rather painful since last night. Of course what happened had happened. Worry also does not help anything but I am just hoping that the mesh does not get dislodge inside or something.

To make things happier, I will post some J-pop videos. It has been a long time since I am following latest J-pop. Having said that, it does not mean that I am updated to the latest things as well. Lol.. Sometime last year, I predicted that AKB48 would slowly lose popularity with so many familiar faces graduating in 2014. I am obviously wrong because they are still hitting 1m+ singles. In fact, their Labrador Retriever single hit close to 1.8m sales in total.

Although I am glad that they are still singing pop, rather than rock, songs, I still think their songs are too generic nowadays. The tunes sound somehow similar to their previous singles. Of course the good thing is that if people like their previous songs, they will like the new songs too as they are similar. Sadly, this lacks of creativity also extends to their video clip. As you can see from the Labrador PV, all their summer songs are simply girls in skimpy bikinis dancing on the beach. Bleah... And the dog is not that cute so that is another minus point. Haha...

Their single after that is Kokoro no Placard and the concept behind the PV is exactly the same as Koi Suru Fortune Cookie. A part of me feels that it is a nice approach to have them dancing and shooting videos with normal people who may be their fans too. Another part of me feels that it is too fake. After all, these extras are paid or something to do this. Do it one time makes it feel good. Repeat it and it invokes more of the latter.

Their latest single is Kiboteki Refrain. I am quite excited to see the PV as their graduating members like Atsuko Maeda, Yuko Oshima, Mariko Shinoda, and Tomomi Itano are appearing as cameo! Hooo... AKB48 official youtube channel will only put the PV a few months later so I shall just wait. Song-wise, I don't really like it. Lol...

I can't be bothered about Sexy Zone anymore after they are only featuring 3 members. It gave me a hope when I saw this video. I have never seen it previously and it was only uploaded 2 weeks ago. Is this something new?? Hmm... I miss their old songs so watching this is kinda nostalgic. I think they should hire the songwriter for Hey! Say! JUMP. HSJ's more grown up songs still retain the HSJ cutesy feel from their younger days. That's what makes them remain unique. I guess it does not help that Sexy Zone members don't really have unique voice. Generic voice + generic music makes them fall into obscurity like the most of Johnny's Associates boybands.

No comments: