Thursday, November 6, 2014

Dao

This is a bit outdated as it would be something that happened a few weeks ago during last pharmacy congress. I am an introvert, shy, and can't be bothered person. When I come across someone I know but I am not too close with, I will just pretend not to see or not to know them. At times, I will even try to avoid eye contact. During pharmacy congress, obviously I would come across my ex-classmates, ex-lecturers, etc and basically I tried to do all the above.

Ironically, as I was alone, I ended up with my ex-classmate who was also alone. It was pretty awkward but not too bad as we were quite okay at school. However at one of the optional sessions, one of my ex-lecturers sat next to my ex-classmate. Oh no.. Imagine when my ex-lecturer not only remembered me but also remembered my name! Oh em gee.. I mean I was not a popular student and I was not very bright too so I did not expect to be remembered, especially since I graduated 3 years ago. After that, I met another ex-lecturer in the toilet and he smiled when we had a brief eye contact which also meant that he remembered me. Ouch.. a part of me felt happy for being somewhat 'memorable' but most part of me felt embarrassed as on many previous occasions I had always pretended not aware of them.

Life often takes unexpected turn and that is why I rather leave everything to God's plan instead of making my own plans. I am never interested in going to clinical track but now I am doing Clinical Pharmacist Preparation Program (CP3) How on earth did this happen? I am considering Masters in Healthcare Administration or Masters in Clinical Educator. Unfortunately, the former requires at least 4 years of working experience and the latter requires some clinical practice experience. Then I received a call from one of my bosses to offer me about this CP3. Apparently, the person who was supposed to go for this run was withdrawn for some reason so there was a vacancy. Not sure why I was being considered as I have always made it clear that clinical track is not my interest. With a deadline of 1 weekend to make my decision, it was quite difficult.

Well in the end I decided to do it. I don't know what the future lies but at this point of time, I have told the boss about my expectations and reasons for doing this. I don't mind having some clinical background but I don't want to be limited to clinical track. I am just doing this just to "kill the time" while waiting for 4 years to be eligible for the Healthcare Administration or for foundation to do Clinical Educator.

I nearly died looking at the course material now. Sigh.. If it is going to take so much effort, might as well aim for the Masters in Clinical Pharmacy :( I don't know how I am going to survive this. A part of me actually feels rather excited to study again. I guess I am just a chao mugger deep inside.

Regardless of the outcome, I guess I have to be thankful for this privilege. I mean there are many people who prefer clinical to operations track and here I am, who prefer operations track, end up getting to do a clinical course. I was told that there would be an interview but because I was so last minute into the registration, I was in without an interview! Wow.. I guess I would never pass the interview round since I would not be able to give a model answer of being clinically driven or something. I am also quite happy that the IMH pharmacist who is involved in this actually also remembered me although I only did a 1 week attachment there during my pre-reg. Again I did not expect to be that memorable.

Oh well.. that's all for tonight.. Did not study tonight because of blogging. Well done!! Haha...

No comments: