Thursday, October 10, 2013

Harmony Kingdom Disney: Pooh and Friends

Pooh and Friends is the first figurine from Harmony Kingdom Disney series released in 1997. Unlike newer figurines which are made in China, this item is made in England. With an edition size of 7835, it is quite a big number to consider this as a limited edition item. The retail price was USD 75 and Theresa Miller is the artist behind this piece. The 3.07" x 3.07" x 3.07" figurine is housed in a packaging cylinder with 4" diameter and 6.5" height.

I find it stunning to have all characters, except Christopher Robin, to be squeezed into such a small figure without giving an overcrowding impression. In fact, Pooh and Friends seem to be a very jovial and fun mood here. I will liken it to a group of friends trying to squeeze themselves when taking a group photo.

On the negative side, I have issues with the colors. Not sure if the colors are like these from the production or they have faded with time. Pooh and Kanga are sort of milky white which is not different from the colour of the base! Tigger and Eeyore's color are not sharp enough. Surprisingly, only Piglet looks perfect here despite him being squeezed at the bottom.

Scale is another issue. Roo is really minute here. I check Winnie the Pooh art work. Although Roo is smaller than Piglet, their size is sort of comparable. Roo is way too small here be it for comparison with Piglet or for comparison if he is to be inside Kanga's pouch.
Missing certificate of authenticity :(
Close up of Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore, Rabbit, and Kanga. I completely missed out Piglet when I took these pictures! Sorry :(
Disney logo
Back view
Piglet
Harmony Kingdom logo under the removable part
Roo!
Hmm... so what is the surprise?
A pot of hunny!! Disappointing colors and where are the bees??
The base
If I am a Winnie the Pooh fan, I don't think I will be satisfied with this figurine. However, considering that this is the first figurine of the Harmony Kingdom Disney, I will say it is not too bad of a try. Anyway I sort of getting this for free so I should not complain so much :p

No comments: