Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Stupid eBay

MC999 Your eBay buying privileges have been restricted


Dear ......

To keep eBay a trustworthy place for all members, we routinely review buying and selling activity. In reviewing your account, we found:

-- An unusually high rate of low detailed seller ratings left for other sellers, with evidence that the low ratings were left specifically to disrupt your competition.


Because of this behavior, we've:
--Restricted your ability to buy items or place bids for the next 14 days.
--Removed from related seller profiles any neutral or negative Feedback and low detailed seller ratings you have left within the past year.

This restriction only affects buying, and will be automatically lifted after 14 days have passed. You'll still be able to sell on eBay and complete transactions for items you've already won.

Please be aware that if this activity continues, you may be subject to a range of other actions, including suspension of your eBay account.

In the future, if you have a problem with an item, be sure to contact the seller and try to work things out. You can do this by clicking the "Ask a question" link in the listing.

Hmm.. Looks like the days of my online shipping are numbered. I was quite shocked when I received the above email for 2 reasons: 1) my last purchase was more than 1 month ago on the 8 February and 2) I have always been "critical" when it comes to giving feedback. To me there are only 3 scales: 1 star for sucks, 5 star for meeting what the sellers promised, and 3 star for neither here and no there. I have been using the same standard since my first time using eBay in 2010. There has been no problem until now. I have a feeling that this is because of me starting to sell a few items using eBay US about 2 months ago. Otherwise, where does the "disrupt your competition" come from?

Anyway, I just think that eBay is dumb and this makes me agree with the sentiment that eBay wants to get rid off the "small-time" sellers. Is there even a competition in the first place when the items I am buying and the items I am selling are so distantly similar? In addition, I have history of purchasing from sellers everywhere: USA, UK, Australia, Japan, India, Nepal, China, Korea etc? And what's the point of having feedback when I am being penalised for leaving honest but negative feedback? Do I have to give a 5 star if item is not as described/pictured? Can't I give a 1 star if item does not arrive or arrives damaged and the seller refuses to help or refund? Am I wrong not to give a 5 star to a seller who sells on eBay US but unable to speak even the simplest form of English? Get real man!!

I also smirked at the "contact the seller and try to work things out". Does it mean that I still have to leave 5 star for timely shipping when seller ships the item late but seller already contacted me and apologise? Do I have to leave a 5 star when item is not described and seller sends a partial refund as a resolution? The stupid drones behind eBay should learn open their eyes big big. Even when a problem is resolved, it does not mean a perfection. A perfection means that there is no problem in the first place and only that deserves a 5 star rating.

No wonder eBay is full of scammers with thousands of positive feedback even though when I bought items from them, I got shit items and shit service. I mean blocking me is one thing.. but to remove the genuinely bad feedback for the bad sellers? Hmm hmm hmm.. Too much isn't it?

Ultimately, I think blocking me as a buyer is just plain dumb. How on earth they are making money if not because of buyers? The selling fee is "quite" cheap and auctions are free. The certain % from every purchase is bigger than that, isn't it? No idea how their business work. Anyway, not really a big deal to me as I know that eBay items are overpriced, eBay protections (both for sellers and buyers) suck, and the customer service is non-existent. Sigh.. If only my Rinoa and my FF VIII ArtFX GF are sold, this will be the perfect time to bid farewell to eBay.

However, I still have to say thanks to eBay for helping me to get a lot of my childhood wishlist items :) Tee hee.. And as compared to sellers, even if my account is suspended, I can still make new account everytime I see an item which I can't find elsewhere. So no big deal. In fact, if I am really suspended, it is a sign for me to start saving up. Lol.

No comments: