Sunday, October 28, 2012

What the heck happened!

I was away from home for exactly 6 months and my very first reaction after reaching home was "What the heck happened to this house!!". Gosh.. the amount of junks that my parents are collecting simply blow me away. My dad bought a new plasma TV which is meant for internet and cable use only. I have no idea why he still keeps the old dying TV -_- Yes so now I have 2 TVs in the living room: 1 which is non-functional for normal TV and the dying one which cannot display clear images. My mum's dressing table is literally covered with papers etc and around the cloth hanging pole, my father is collecting more and more plastic bags. I wonder what they contain. My sisters are also guilty of turning the sofa on level 2 into their wardrobes.

The last thing I wanted was my own room to be messed up too. I was particularly upset that my elder sister now slept in my room every weekend.. After screening my room, there was hardly anything which did not belong to me. However, I discovered food waste and that really made me very angry. Firstly, you have no manner to use other's properties without telling and secondly, you use it the way you deem fit. I am angry not only to her but also to my parents. They did not even tell me anything about it.

You know, every family has its own problems and every person has their own problems. I have no idea what is happening to my father. He was not like this when he was younger. Nowadays, he would give thoughtless comments in public which was not very nice. In addition, he hardly bought or collect anything so I was pretty surprised that his area of storage was getting bigger and bigger. Lastly, I don't understand why he likes to keep money in the bank. He always nags nags nags that inflation eats the money stored in the bank but despite that, he does not want to invest the money. And this brings me to my mum.

A few years back, my mum asked my dad to use her retirement money to get a house for investment. My father did not want as he did not want to spend time to "take care" another house. Sigh.. It sounds a fine argument unless you know that he can afford the time to "take care" 4 cars -_-" I mean it is fine if the cars are your collections of Jaguar, Mercedes Benz, BMW, or what.. 2 off them are office cars and 1 is my younger sister's Honda Jazz.

My elder sister is another huge mess. Not sure whether I wrote previously that she actually lied that she would "graduate" to practise few months back. Her lie was damn good, she even bought the clothes and my parents even took leave from work etc. Then a few days before the fictional "ceremony" she said that "ceremony" was cancelled because the presiding official was sick. I suspected something amiss but I did not say anything. It seemed that my parents still believed to that.. not until when a letter from a university came to inform my parents that the university wanted to expel her because she had not turn up for the past 3 semesters.

It was an embarassment, a shock, a scandal! We could not believe what on earth she had been doing for the past 1.5 years. We could not imagine what she used all the time for.. Of course it was a question with what happened to the course fees but that was of less priority because I think it would be easy to spend money. But free time? I did not know whether my parents exploded upon knowing this. Upon hearing this story, I burned with anger. Add in the story that she had been using my room without my permission and I can shamefully testify that at that moment in time I HATE her!

She is an anomaly. I thought girls can't keep their mouth shut and would always like to share their problems with others. From many many years we have been asking her what problems and difficulties she is facing so that perhaps we can help. Each time we asked, the reply was always rude and was not an answer. I am irritated even more with the way she responded to my mum. I think she is "scared" of my dad so she still shows respect.. but the way she behaves to my mum, sometimes I feel like slapping her. She is almost bloody freaking 30 years old and still acts immaturely. I am amazed that at such an age she has not started thinking about her own future and how she has to take care of parents etc. It seems irony that the one who is closest (in living proximity) to my parents in the university days turns out to be the biggest problem.

Immaturity is also a problem with my younger sister, to a smaller extent. Thank goodness that she is already working. But it seems that she has yet to think about saving for the future and splurge all the money for gadgets and travelling. Well, you can buy gadgets and travel but not spend all your money for these. I, myself, had the thrill of splurging on Final Fantasy VIII toys for the past few months. However, I always made sure that I had saving at the end of the month.

When my younger sister and dad talked about condo in Singapore, I just snapped. They want it as a "home" in Singapore so when they come here, they can stay there and save of accomodation. They do not sound happy that I would rent it away even if my dad decides to buy one. Bloody shit, how many times do you all want to travel here? Have you all imagined staying away without a place called home for the past 10 years alone? Do you think it is an easy decision for me to say that I would rent it away? I also would like to stay inside so that I can buy more figurines and display them all over the house. But hell no! Renting it away can give me at least $200 more per month as compared to if I were to stay in. To me that is a large amount. For the sake of "brighter" future, I don't mind sacrificing my present by living nomadically (is there a word?).

And of course, the 4 of them have the problem of having big mouth (but not doing anything). I wanted to try my credit card overseas so I suggested for a meal in a hotel. What the fuck was so difficult about calling the hotel on your own? If you had so many things you wanted to ask, why didn't you make your own call? Sigh.. Similarly, what was so difficult with calling the internet provider to complain that the internet was problematic? Haiz..

Anyway, I give up. I am not gonna bothered about asking them for food anymore. My dad said my recommendations were not nice. I don't know. I only googled and I only recommended those commonly appeared in google, which implies that a lot of people like. Well, what my dad said nice turned out to be garbage to me.. I know my mum that she would choose whatever cheaper. If you already chose the place right from the start, just say so and do not waste my time for recommendations! My sisters were equally bad. What's the point of agreeing with me at the hotel already that the buffet was shitty. They ate there twice previously so they could have refused to go there right from the start. Damn la!!

Oh well, no matter what, they are still my family. I, too, have my own problems and idiosyncracies for sure. I still can't help to imagine what my life would be if I never left 10 years ago.. Sigh.. Would everything be better? Would I be in a better state? Would I be happier? Haiz.. One thing that remains.. I cried like a baby when I had to leave home for the first time on 28 October 2002. It is 28 October 2012 now and I still can't help but cry that I have to leave home again.. I am working tomorrow!!

No comments: