Friday, July 27, 2012

Childish tantrum

This is a continuation of my post a few days back. After missing Rinoa, I missed Squall too :( Sigh.. Squall was sold for more than USD350 and that was more than the original retail price many years ago. Honestly, I did not expect that it would be sold that high :( After all Rinoa was only USD260 and usually Rinoa's stuffs are more sought after. Oh well =x

The bittersweet news is that I won Seifer for less than USD180. Yay! I would consider that a good bargain although with the additional shipping it would still a bit pricey. Still.. I am happy!! Haha.. So why bittersweet? I just bought a used Seifer a week before. Ouch ouch ouch!! It was without box and serial card. And it was pretty damaged. Sigh.. Price: USD100 exclusive of all the shiping. Sigh.. Really regret it.. But life is always like that. If I did not buy the damaged one, there would not be a good one being sold. When I bought the damged one, then someone would be selling a good one. As I never saw these items being sold before that was why I thought I should buy even the damaged one. Better to have one than none right? Emo.. Like wasting money..

Anyway, the damaged Seifer arrived 2 days ago. The damaged seemed less noticeable in the real item than in the seller's description. The tiny nicks on various parts of Odin's horns are barely noticeable. The broken horn tip is pointing backwards so it is unnoticeable from the front.. Similarly with the broken Seifer's cape. Seifer's right leg snapped into two and the previous owner glued them together. This looks awful in the picture but is not noticable in the figure (and also it is sort of hidden behind Odin's horn). The damage on the gunblade is the most severe and the most obvious. The gunblade is not held horizontally and looks like it will break anytime. But I guess it is good that it still holds together.

:( I should stop comparing and complaining. Truthfully, if there isn't a better one being sold, I would be so happy with the damaged one that I have. In fact, I was sooo happy on Wednesday when I received this.
Would have been perfect if there are more parts which show Odin more clearly
Image is from eBay pictures by the seller. Since I bought the item, I guess I can use the pictures and claim it as the pictures of my figure :p I actually took some pictures on my own but the lighting is rather poor for the full image. For the following pictures, they are taken by me.

Close-up of Seifer's face
The chipped horn on the left :(
 

Time to hunt for the other 4 figures. And today someone is selling Zell, Irvine, Diablos and Selphie, Quistis, Leviathan statues for USD 1800 each. Not to worry. I am still sane. I am not gonna buy toys with such ridiculous price tags. That price is even more than for a new laptop!! Crazy... But still, they are new.. in the box.. and they have very low serial number :( Huhuhu...

No comments: