Friday, July 20, 2012

Baby boy

I am still a (cry)baby boy inside. I am feeling very emo for the past day. Yesterday I stayed up late to bid a toy on eBay. I did not win :( I could not even place my bid because of seller's requirement for US addresses only. I only bidded 15seconds before the end so it was too late for me to change.

Sad.. I am very very sad :( Firstly, I actually "have" a US address via vPost service. Secondly and ultimately, I am very sad because I had the gut feeling to at least place a bid a few hours before the end. IF (yes that's a capital IF) I had followed my feeling, I would have known about the seller's requirement and I still had the time to change my address settings. Damn :(

The toy I missed is a very rare Rinoa and Siren resin figure from Final Fantasy VIII. It stands more than 30cm tall. The manufacturer is Kotobukiya so the quality is as high as the price. It was released in 1999 with retail price 24,800 Yen. With it being limited edition (only 3000pcs being produced and each statue has unique identification number), it is impossible to find it nowadays, especially if it comes with the original box :(
There are 5 figures in the series. The other 4 are Squall with Bahamut, Seifer with Odin, Zell and Irvine with Diablos, and lastly Selphie and Quistis with Leviathan. According to a few blogs, the last 2 are the rarest while Rinoa and Squall are the most common. Even the most common ones are *that* rare :(

Anyways, the figure was sold for $260. My only consolation and hope is that perhaps someday in the future, I will get one which cheaper than that.. Haiz.. Perhaps "crying" is an exaggeration.. But I still feel sad and emo until today. I even had difficulty sleeping last night. T_T

No comments: