Thursday, October 6, 2011

iPhone For Ass(es)

4 October
I am never a fan of Apple but this time I was quite excited to await the news about the latest iPhone release. With all the hype and speculation regarding iPhone 5, I believed that there was equal chance for either iPhone 4GS or iPhone 5 to be released. Instead of iPhone 4GS, it is called iPhone 4S (read: iPhone for ass). Kinda expected the dual core system so I thought it was quite a huge upgrade and deserved to be called iPhone 5. Despite the upgrades (dual core, 8mp camera, the kinda useless voice command Siri thingy), it looks exactly like an iPhone 4 and hence it is not considered a newer generation which deserves a '5' on it.

I hope this deters people from buying. With that, I may consider buying. Price is one thing. The other thing which makes me not really interested in getting iPhone is that more than half of the people here are using it! It is sort of -__- when everyone else around you on a bus or on a train is also playing their iPhone. Sorry.. no matter how premium the price is, it still feels like a phone for the mass and that makes it feel rather cheapo.

5 October
This is an unrelated, but equally, shocking news: Steve Jobs died today. Everyone knows that he is battling a rare form of pancreatic cancer and it is just a matter of time. It is so unfortunate that that time came 1 day after the big announcement from the company which is synonymous with him. Some people joked around that iPhone 4S is just crap and he died after hearing that the new iPhone is just "like that".

Anyway, I don't really care. To me he is just another human being. Yes he may revolutionise the use (and marketing) of devices which were present but not popular previously. As genius and creative as he is, unfortunately, to me he is just another money-sucking businessman. The price tags of his items are just exhorbitant. And it is kinda "ewww" to market the items as "premium items which deserve premium prices". Well the rich can do whatever they like with their money. But for me, it is kinda lame to pay for a phone, a computer, or a music player for 2x or 3x more than those from other brands. A phone is a phone. A computer is a computer. An mp3 player is an mp3 player. A brand is a brand. How good can a phone be which deserves to be priced 2-3x more than a similar phone? Oh well let the smart alecks with powerful vision, sense of touch and sense of time who can differentiate the significance of the different megapixels and displays, the different types of touch screens, as well as the the few milliseconds faster processing.

But who cares, I am just a tech noob. I just want something which can function according to what I need at the cheapest price. So Apple stuff is just not for me.

Looking at this event, it made me feel quite sad about this life. Steve Jobs made lots of money but in the end, that cannot buy him health and life. I feel very sian working now. Days change to weeks to months to years. Before I know, it is time for me to spend the hard-earned money for declining health and then for funeral. What's the point of living if I cannot even enjoy it? Sigh...

Anyhow, if only Apple items are more reasonably priced and hence are more affordable to many more people, Steve Jobs may be held more dearly by many more people. For now, only the certain "elites" who are crazy over his "premium" items would care about him.

1 comment:

ToiLET ApPLe said...

hey, i agree with you view on the iphone, takea look at this picture, it tell the story well:

http://2012hipster.blogspot.com/2011/10/steve-jobs-has-passed-away-1955-2011.html