Friday, October 28, 2011

9th year

I have spent more than 1/3 of my life here and yet I can't help to wonder what I could be and where I would be if on this day 9 years ago, I decided to act childishly and refused to be shipped to a foreign land. Of course everything has its own plus and minus points and it is foolish to think "what ifs" and "what could be" instead of focusing the "present".

Anyway I am tired of listing the + and - of coming here. Overall, my feeling does not change. I am unhappy :( But there is one thing that makes all this shit feelings good: if I never come here, I would never be a Catholic. And for that, I really should be thankful. Although ironically, lately I am getting lazier and lazier to attend mass. Sigh..

Still, every year, 28 October remains a day to celebrate. For this year, I went to watch The Three Musketeers. It was rated 1.5stars in the newspaper yesterday so I knew I would be watching shit. Haha.. I love women doing action stunts and so sad that Milady's action was only that little :( The guys' swordplay is boring. The story does not make sense. How on earth there were airships in the mid-18th century o_0 But still, I love the cinematography especially the airships part. It is sort of Final Fantasy coming into life. Haha.. Well, a waste of $10.50. I am interested in Tintin and Twilight next. Lol!

I also took advantage of Kinokuniya 20% sale with xxxHolic official guidebook and Full Metal Alchemist Illustration Book Volume 2. I never quite understand xxxHolic story so this English version is a must buy. I did not buy it last week because it was the last copy and its packaging was kinda ripped. Today they changed the outer wrap but I bought it even though it was still the same copy which I refused to buy the week before. Bleah.. The Full Metal Alchemist book is my very first US-version artbook. I am not a big fan of FMA. I bought the pirated version of the first illustration book. Then I bought the Japanese version of the third volume, only to realised that they actually make a good collection. Too bad it was too late to find the second volume. Gotta be happy with this US-version.

And it seems that I need to see doctor soon because I am having itch all over my body. Sigh.. After 2 weeks using hydrocortisone cream and cetirizine, the initial itch and rash do not improve. And now I am feeling the itch everywhere :( What happen to me?? :(

2 comments:

Gavin Cheah said...

You are not the only one feeling unhappy, I am quite unhappy too for reasons I cannot fully describe yet, although this is just my 4th year here...

darkrose said...

ZOMG how you manage to find this!!