Monday, February 15, 2010

Have a ROARING year ahead!!


I wish you Happy Lunar New Year.
I cannot find a Tiger picture.. so let this cat be a 'tiger' lol..


I am somehow not very excited for this year's Chinese New Year. Firstly, it because my uni 'cheated' me of my holidays by combining the holidays with mid-sem break.. That's like 2 slack days gone.. Secondly, I wanted to go home :( I only had 1 CA.. but oh well, I did not buy tickets from loong time ago. I heard some people could get $50+ which is very cheap.. My food costs for a week surely is more than that so I rather go back.. But oh well, it's too late.

As usual, I went to my aunt's place on the Eve. It is another steamboat.. Boring.. I wanted to have my haircut in the morning but I could not. So many parents brought their kids for haircut. Bleah.. I have no idea what is behind the superstition that should not cut hair during CNY. Anyway I plucked my facial hair.. Plucking is worse than cutting so I guess it's okay to cut on Wednesday. Lol. The only interesting thing about this new year was: my aunt asked me whether I wanted to drink rum.. I felt cheated that she put the rum with coke.. I could only taste the coke.. Bleah.. I thought it was just coke.. so I got a bit tipsy.. Haiz.. got tipsy for nothing..

I got very naughty this time that I did not wish my family happy cny. Haiz.. I am just too lazy. Usually the first thing I do in the morning of the first day is to call my parents and my grandma. This year, I slept at 4am so I woke up at like 11+ on the first day of CNY. Lol.. I tried to call my grandma in the afternoon but nobody picked up the phone. I only managed to call this morning but my grandma was not awake yet. End up talking to my aunt for 45 mins (my IDD!!!! T_T). Lol.. Only later on I managed to speak to her. Haiz.. I feel damn sad cos she told me that suddenly her legs became very painful for her to change positions: eg from lying down to standing or from sitting to standing.. Haiz.. For me, it is like it's her time to go soon.. Haiz.. what to do.. she is already very old.. 90+ close to 100. I guess even doctors cannot do anything, just give analgesic injection to the knees. Haiz.. I hope I can still see her in the coming holidays.. I really got the feel that it will be my last time.. Or perhaps I had no chance of seeing her anymore.. I remembered last time before my grandpa passed away, I somehow had the feeling of it. I hope my intuition would not be right this time.

Anyway I am still pissed with my home over my lost dolls :( I gave no sms or phone calls to them. I even ignore my sister's facebook message. That is also the reason I am appearing offline lately. Haiz.. I just had nothing to say and I am not in the mood to fake that I am happy bla bla bla.. I get angpau or never oso makes no diff because I never see the money. And even if I use the money, the next time I am home, the items I bought previously would be thrown away alr. Bleah..

Talking about angpau, I read in Saturday's newspaper about angpau rate in Singapore, China, and Hongkong. It is shocking that Singaporeans are the most stingy.. $8 on average OMG!! And how much people here earn?? About 2000+ per month. Oh gosh.. Even more shocking to hear that a friend got $4 from her aunt omg omg omg. It is so freaking ridiculous to give a uni student $4! Gosh. At home, I get at least $20 from people one generation older than me (my parents' generation). If it is from married cousins, then it is about $8. But we all earned much less in Indo. Arrrgh.. this place is crazy.. But on the bright side, when I stay here in the future, I don't need to fork so much for CNY hehe.. Oh well, money is not everything. It's the goodwish that counts.. But giving $4 is as good as not giving lor.. Spoil relationship for wat. Haha..

That's all for now. I will post more on how meaningfully I waste my holiday time tomorrow hahaha...

No comments: