Sunday, September 14, 2008

Forgiveness

For the past few weeks, all the masses I attended always had the message of forgiveness. But I was still stubborn... until today. I do not know why. Today is the 24th Sunday of the Ordinary Week. The topic was really about forgiveness. Before the mass started, I read the readings first. And yes, I was really struck!! Ok, God, I will trust that it's your will. I shall forget the past and look into the future. I shall forgive.. Now the load in my heart was gone. I feel lighter =) The funny thing is that today the Church of Holy Cross was celebrating the Feast of the Exultation of the Holy Cross. Thus the 24th Sunday readings were not used. Funny... really funny indeed... though the church was not celebrating the 24th Ordinary Sunday, the short passage in the bulletin was about that: forgiveness. So if not because of it, I would not be inspired to open the missal book, I would not read it...

Well, below is the passage from the bulletin:

A New Lease on Life

Most of us have experienced how difficult it is to forgive. It is almost impossible. In Old English, it means "give to the uttermost", "extremely", "as far as you can go". Isn't that what it really is, going all the way? Wo can forget the hurt? Yet we should. Who doesn't see and feel the scars and keep the memories? And yet we shouldn't. Think of God: when He forgives, the evil belongs to the past. It is gone. God keeps no accounts. He want us to think only the future. Jesus did not condemn but gave new chances.


Ok, God! You won :p and Thanks!

I feel quite blessed this weekend. After the gruesome Thursday and Friday, I felt to fresh after sleeping for 10 hours on Friday night. Lol. The stress also at least put some urgency in me to do my schoolwork. I finished my fact sheet on Friday night, and my Chinese compo-blog was up by yesterday evening. At night, I mugged Econs too. Yay! I hope tonight I can go to Lecture 3-5 and hopefully I can understand with the help of the book.

Oh ya, my chinese compo-blog is here. Please leave comments :)

No comments: