Saturday, October 19, 2019

JC friend's wedding

I just returned from the third and the last wedding for this year. It is a wedding of my JC friend. I would say he is the first Singaporean friend I made. It is quite interesting that we knew each other just from orientation group, had quite limited interaction at school (no common lectures and only had one common CCA for once a week), separated by 2 years in uni because of his army, and yet we are still alright with the on and off random messages without any awkwardness. Anyway congratulations to him :D

We only have one common friend and it was nice to catch up with him too. I thought he is already back in Indonesia but apparently he has been moving few times because of his work but currently he is based in Singapore. The last time I had contact with him was in JC so that was almost 13 years ago. Wow.. So I am going to have a meet up again with him and another friend next next week.

I start to feel that perhaps I am not destined to have a married life. Previously when I attended friends' weddings, I used to imagine how I wanted mine to be like to wear emerald green suit set and to have green themes etc. Surprisingly today I feel that I cannot imagine myself in a wedding. Haiz I am stressed.. This morning during Novena, there was an announcement about a vocation retreat and I felt the tugging if I should give it a try. I have reservation because I also cannot imagine myself in a religious life. Sigh.. I don't know.. I only imagine myself dying and being in Heaven. Nevertheless, I pray to ask God for another sign to confirm the tugging in my heart and I will sign up for the retreat, perhaps for someone to ask me to go or something. It is quite ironic considering the homily is about the correct spirit of praying and we should not be like the guy in the flood story (he prays for God to help, he refuses the boat and helicopter because he belives that God will help him directly, and when he dies, God tells him that He sent help repeatedly but the guy refused them).

Today was also the first time I attended a non-religious wedding solemnisation. Now I sort of appreciate the idea that God is the third person in a marriage. Haha.. Somehow attending a church wedding and a secular one evoke quite a different feeling. It was also my first time visiting Haji Lane in almost 17 years of my stay here. Surprise!! There was a one hour gap between the solemnisation and the dinner so I decided to walk around first.

I am a picky eater so I have to give a shout out to Parkroyal on Beach Road. The pork thingy was amazing: it was huge and thick but yet easy to cut, juicy, and not hard to chew. I usually avoid the fish dish because of the bones but tonight the fish was already cut into several pieces (one piece for one person). Each piece was huge and boneless. One more amazing thing is the door gift from the hotel. It is a vanity kit containing a nail clipper, a tweezer, and something I am not too sure of (I am guessing it is a thingy to sculpt the nails or to remove the sharp edges after cutting) in a box with a mirror inside. I think it is really nice and useful travel kit.

Meanwhile I shall return to my miserable life and jealousy because I am jealous of how some people do not seem to get fat and still have a nice skin even after 13 years. I am referring to some of my friends' classmates that I saw before in JC but I did not know them. Sigh.. I am so fat with bad skin and ugly face now. Darn... Anyway I asked my friend to take a photo together because the both of us actually never took any photos together. Haha.. Camera phone was non-existent yet in 2005. And guess what? I look damn fugly in the photo T_T Either 'fucking ugly' or 'fat and ugly' is also apt. 

No comments: