Saturday, October 12, 2019

Crazy food

I am not a fan on chili and I am consciously trying to avoid them. This Ghost Pepper Spicy Chicken noodle is currently making waves online with the level of spiciness of ghost pepper at 1 million Scoville Heat Unit (SHU). In comparison, normal chili padi is 50000 to 100000 SHU. I am not sure the actual spiciness of the noodle sauce since surprisingly the Samyang spicy noodle, which I already find very spicy and I don't usually pour the whole sauce, is only 4000+ SHU.

One thing I can assure is that those people are not exaggerating their responses on screen. I was initially skeptical since the smell and the colour of the sauce are unassuming and comparable to any other spicy food. I tried to lick a bit of the noodle and ooh la la... I could feel the tingling from my mouth to my stomach immediately. I felt like kissing the devil in hell. 'Spicy' is not enough to describe the sensation. Painful is more apt. I could not control my eyes from tearing and my nose from dripping. Only after 2 bottles of cold tea, 2 sips of soya bean milk, and eating red dragon fruit that I could bear with the sensation. In less than 30 minutes, my stomach was already stimulated to shit. Hahaha... Until now more than 2 hours later, my stomach is still grumbling.

This is supposed to be available in 7-11 for only 2 months (since September) and last Sunday I had difficulty finding this. After checking several stores (Holland Village, ION, Ngee Ann City, Cathay Cineleisure, 313), in the end I only found it at Somerset MRT. Since it was so difficult to find, I ended up buying two. Now I am going to give away the other one to a friend since I do not want to subject myself to the same torture again. I am happy enough to be able to experience the taste of ghost pepper. Haha..
Another interesting food this week is KFC boba egg tart. The bubble tea fad does not seem to be ending anytime soon. Well for $1.80, I think it is more worth it to buy the bottled mass produced Taiwanese bubble tea drinks in the supermarket. I am not saying that it is bad. The taste is still like an egg tart while the boba is just adding something sweet and chewy on top of it. It just does not have the same shiok-ness as drinking bubble tea.

No comments: