Tuesday, September 17, 2019

Cannot swim

I woke up on Saturday morning to prepare myself for Novena, gym, and packing for my trip. Everything changed because of another bloody cockroach in my room. It is a second one in a week and it was a wake up call to thoroughly clean my room. There may be a nest or an unrealized food waste somewhere. I removed all the boxes under my bed and tadaa… the culprit is actually the luggages under the bed. One had small black things which I presumed to be the eggs and the other had another cockroach at the underside. Even when I dragged the luggage out to the living room to have more space for cleaning, the cockroach still comfortably hanging on to it and I only saw it when I flipped over the luggage to clean the underside.

I still managed to go for Novena but I skipped gym altogether since I felt my right shoulder did not feel fully alright. I asked my landlady about what I thought to be cockroach repellant. It turns out to be cockroach bait. Haiz.. It will actually INVITE cockroach to eat the bait, bring it to the nest, and die. Apparently this shit creature aptly eats one another shit so they will die together as the poison from the bait will still be in the shit. The thought of inviting cockroach just disgusts me so I am not putting this inside my room. I put it outside my room near the door since I assume that the cockroach usually comes from kitchen. Looks like no matter how clean I am, I should really stop eating in my room. When I cut nail, I should also make sure there is no missing cut nails that I don't throw because I found 3 pieces under the luggage near the cockroaches so they maybe eating my nails. Yucks..

I went to my usual 7am Sunday mass and after that I was in a dilemma between going to J8 to get shumais or straight away going home to prepare for going airport. I ended up walking around to catch pokemons, rushed with my final packing, and missed my tweezers. Sian..

To satisfy my craving for shumais, I had brunch at the airport with plain la mian and fried dumplings. After internal battle of desire with McD, shumais won. Haha.. I was thirsty and suddenly craved for bubble tea. It seems that the only place untouched by bubble teas is within Changi Airport terminals. The adventure to find bubble tea made me explored exciting corners at T2. The movie theatre is sufficiently dark with theatre seats so it not an exaggeration to have named movie theatre. There is a gaming room and there are retro gaming machines. I only played one game of Marvel vs Capcom and I lost. I could not trigger any of the special moves and there were other people around so I did not dare to mash buttons as aggressively as I wanted. Nonetheless, I still felt the shiokness of arcade gaming and if I fly from T2 again in the future, I will definitely spend time here if I have time to kill.

The flight was quite bumpy but on SQ, I have nothing to complain. B777-200 is an old plane but it really does not feel so. It definitely still feels much more comfortable that PAL or budget airline planes. The in-flight entertainment was not automatically turned on so I thought it was not working until about an hour of the flight. There are so many amazing movie choices (e.g. Aladdin, Avengers Endgame) that makes a short flight rather disappointing haha.. I ended up watching Kingdom, which I missed when it was playing in limited cinema in Singapore, and halfway through a Taiwanese romcom Fall in Love at First Kiss.

It has been rainy here in Manila and although it is not super heavy rain that will drench me under umbrella, I am irritated because the rain makes me unable to swim until now. I specially bought a swimming trunks ($5) and a swimming jammer ($15) for this trip and I will be very upset if I cannot try if they are good. Thank God the rain has stopped tonight and I finally got to try to swim. Sadly I have to just accept the fact that I cannot swim. One stroke of freestyle or three strokes of breaststroke is the maximum that I can do. If only life is like video game: just equip the gear (swimming trunks) and you get the ability (can swim). Haiz..

Although initially I felt a bit 'duh' for this trip, I have to admit that it was a good call to come. It is tiring but it is still better to do appraisal face-to-face. At least I get to see the faces of the people I am talking to and I am able to see their body language as part of their responses. I can't imagine doing this online and talking to telephone and computer for 3 days. And since the main activity is just doing appraisal, there is no other thing to do and I get to rest in the evening. Hehe..

Today also happens to be 1 year since I started on this new job. Thank God for this opportunity and for all the people in my current work that makes work not shitty like my previous job. Yay!

No comments: