Friday, June 7, 2019

End of Bangkok trip

I only slept for 3 hours yesterday. My family's flight was at 6am and mine was at 830am. To make things simpler, I just followed them to the airport. I had trouble staying awake while waiting for my check in (desk was only open at 610am) and I was very happy that the eateries at Suvarnabumi Airport were already open: whether the usual breakfast or coffee places as well as sushi restaurants and proper meal restaurants.

I was still quite full and it was a dilemma to consume my last Priority Pass free lounge entry vs experiencing a lounge other than at Changi. I ended up choosing the second and I went to Miracle First Class Lounge. Miracle Business Lounge is just next to it and from the interior design, the names reflects the atmospheres aptly. Since both are Priority Pass lounges, it was a no-brainer to choose the First Class Lounge. The food choices were similar to Western spread of a typical hotel breakfast buffet (omelette, sausages, bacons) so I could enjoy. I decided to try Singha beer as I keep seeing this brand lol. Since it was free, I was not obliged to finish the whole can.
No more beer trying after this.. All beers taste similar.
I think my trip to the lounge is justified for the TOILET. Haha.. The toilet is special because it is a private toilet cubicle with sink, urinal, and toilet bowl. I normally avoid shitting at public toilet if I can but this toilet was really good. Haha.. There was even a pair of slippers provided to make 'manouvering' inside easier. Lol. Now I no longer wonder why this lounge is one of the Global Airport Lounge of the Year winner according to Priority Pass.

The flight back was initially irritating as there were so many noisy kids and babies and I wanted to sleep. Miraculously after taking off, somehow these kids and babies were asleep so I was able to catch on my sleep.

I was considering to return to office in the afternoon to save half day of my annual leave. In the end I have to accept that I am an old man now and I am too tired. I was crossing my fingers for Burger and Lobster or Shake Shack at JEWEL to no avail. The queues for both were madness. Luckily Pokemon Center had no queue. I am not a fan of Pokemon but cannot help myself from getting souvenirs =x
Pokemon Center Singapore special
Not something unique to Pokemon Center Singapore but Lapras and Pikachu are one of the more likeable Pokemons so who can avoid both together hehe..
There is Spiderman Far From Home event tie-up at Changi Airport currently. Like the previous Harry Potter event tie-up, most of the decors is cardboard and meh. The only interesting display is the three Spiderman suits for the movie.
Spoiler for the movie: the middle suit is called stealth suit or something according to the signage

No comments: