Saturday, April 20, 2019

End of trip recovery

I am blogging now while waiting for my laundry. I am still in the midst of unpacking and I am very lazy and stressed since my room is too full. I bought too many snacks and my cupboard has insufficient space. The plushies I sent from Tottori already arrived and I don't dare thinking of where to keep the items.

I look through my photos and only notice that Mickey and Minnie in Tokyo Disney Resort are already with new face now. Previously I read in tdrexplorer website that the faces for Mickey and Minnie in the new parades and shows will be the new ones but there was no news if the changes will also apply to the characters in the greetings areas. The change is mostly smaller eyes which I did not notice at all when I was there. So it was not a waste of money to purchase the photos with Mickey Band Conductor and Sorcerer Mickey again. That means that I missed the chance to have a photo with Minnie with the old face in Disneysea costume and of course Steamboat Mickey is still elusive up to now. It also seems that the next time I visit Disneysea, I still need to queue for the photos at the plaza since I don't have any photo with Mickey with the new face with Disneysea costume.

A bigger news that made me literally WTF is Goofy will be gone from Lost River Delta T_T Saludos Amigos Donald be gone and Donald will replace Goofy with a safari/expedition costume at Lost River Delta. Donald's Saludos Amigos spot will be taken over by Duffy with a new costume. I am glad that I took photos with Donald and Duffy but I should have queued for Goofy instead of Mickey T_T I always prioritise Mickey and Minnie but Goofy is always the most interactive and playful one. Stitch is usually playing with my Aladdin t-shirt but Goofy is always playful even when I am in normal clothes. Huhuhu...

I am not impressed with Zoff quality based on what I see from the spectacles that I bought for my sister. I remembered discussing the price with my sister since my Digimon spectacles cost almost double of her Pooh spectacles. I check that my lens is 1.74 while Zoff free lens is 1.55. To pay extra for 1.74, the cost will be the same as my Digimon spectacles. With my degree, anything less than 1.74 is a miss since it will be too thick.

Now karma befalls me as Zoff is having collaboration spectacles with Prince of Tennis. Sigh.. One of my concerns for buying a second Digimon spectacles was if there would be another themed spectacles that will be interesting. I should have listened to my gut feeling since it becomes a reality now. Zoff's webpage for the Prince of Tennis spectacles appear quite wonky on my Chrome so I will check it out and think about it. Sucks that it is made-to-order and they will close the pre-order sometime in May.

Now I understand why the staff at Disneyland are always insistent that the photo keycard is only for those living in Japan. Their online system is designed in a way to ensure this. Latin characters are not allowed for names. I translate my name to Katakana but when this is linked to my Disney account that uses Latin characters, the system detects the discrepancy and does not allow me to go through. There is character limitations for name and address so I cannot use my vPost account as the name and the address are too long. Gosh.. this is even more frustrating that registering for Megane Ichiba.

I am not giving up easily for this since I have been dreaming of the keycard for years and I will only give up if I am really running out of options. For this, I am finally forced to use forwarding service from BigInJapan. This is my first time using and their address format is local address and it fits. I registered a new Disney account with katakana name and this address. Crossing my fingers and lets see how this turns out.

Okay I shall take a rest now :) It is Easter tomorrow and I am very happy that I did not pack extra weight from this trip. Hehe.. It is time to return to diet and exercise again and hopefully I can drop back to my dream weight of 58kg.

No comments: