Sunday, February 3, 2019

Growing up and moving on

With CNY is around the corner, there is no more excuse but to do spring cleaning. I finally said goodbye to my university lecture notes as by now the information is almost a decade old and outdated. Honestly, the more important reasons are that they are not that relevant anymore for my job now and I have access to more up-to-date references in case I need to check something out.

Although I said spring cleaning, what I did was very minimal. I mainly dusted off my Tsume statues, which was last dusted maybe in September last year o_0, and shifted around my table to give space for the incoming Aiolos statue. Usually cleaning my figurines spark joy in me but it seems that I am growing tired of them :( It is not that I start to dislike my figurines but after owning them for some years, I have to accept that nothing lasts forever and things start to break apart. Haiz.. Not to mention that Tsume does not have that good quality to begin with. No doubt they have great design but the quality sucks is a fact. Shiryu's dragons have parts with paints coming off, Ikki's breastplate cracked (I don't know if it is already there since the first time and I only realise it now) and the part that connect the phoenix wings to his back broke,  and Shaka's cloth is losing its gold and shine. Aiolia is still pretty new and thank God has no issue yet. 

These statues are barely 5 years old and it is extremely disappointing that they do not age well. In comparison, I have Final Fantasy VIII Kotobukiya cold cast figures which are almost 2 decades old now and they are still great. Kinda regret getting them now but I suppose the lesson is really to stop buying already. Another big shock for me is that due to the weight of these statues, my table top starts to 'collapse' T_T Aaaargh.. why are these things making me miserable instead of giving me happiness?

I tried to catch up with Final Fantasy Mobius in the past week as the FF VII Collaboration Event ended on 31 Jan. I did not complete it in the end but I managed to use up the summon tickets that I had been hoarding for more than a year. While my gacha luck sucks as always, I am happy that finally I can get Squall's Balamb Mercenary job. Hehe.. I am quite biased because previously I only posted Zidane previously. I never posted Tidus (which was bought with real money) as well as Cloud and Lightning (which I do not really like as characters). Lol.
Ready for the FF VIII Collaboration Event now
I am getting super cranky over my new year resolution: DIET. I manage to tahan since my last 'failure' 2 weeks ago but without all the internal and mental war every 5 days in the supermarket when I buy my bread for breakfast. The temptation to get potato chips is so huge and with CNY around the corner, the temptation to make the public holidays as cheat days is even more potent. Not to mention that it is demoralising that I still get new pimples despite the abstinence and for no reason I feel so hungry and weak for the past 2 days that I had to order food for dinner instead of relying on my cereal.
In memory of Aloysius Pang, his movie Young and Fabulous is re-released in limited screens this week. I wanted to watch on Friday but I could not reach AMK on time. I thought I would miss it but somehow by luck, I managed to watch it today. I will not support if this is just something to make profit from his passing. However since this whole re-release thing as a tribute is with blessings of his family and the proceeds will go to his family, re-watching it is my way to show my support. My opinion does not change from when I watched it the first time in 2016: a funny movie but lack originality. Nevertheless, his passing makes watching the movie feel very bitter sweet now.

And somehow I am also overcome with the realisation that this coming CNY will be the first CNY without calling my grandma T_T Life and death are unpredictable. It is ironic that we often take people for granted when they are alive and then only subsequently realise their importance to us after they are gone. Oh well =X
I do not consider myself celebrating CNY so usually I am not too bothered with CNY advertisement. This one, however, strikes closer to my heart as it is about children studying overseas. Everything is believable except for the part that the parents help to pack the suitcases. Lol. That never happened to me.

No comments: