Sunday, January 20, 2019

Nothing goes right

The past week has been mentally draining for me. Everything seems to be broken and going wrong and I am driven mad trying to fix things. Sigh..

Firstly my FF8 statue arrived broken. I am so disappointed with the seller and comgateway as the item was packed with zero protection at all. How could they! Sigh.. Seller has been non-contactable so the case is now at Paypal's hand and I hope I can get a partial refund. Comgateway gives me an option of partial refund and I can keep the item or full refund but they will keep the item. It is a difficult decision between having my money back and not to think about this anymore vs keeping the rare and out of production item which is imperfect (epoxy glue can stick the broken parts back but the crack line is still there and one broken fragment is missing) for the total cost after the partial refund.
C3AFA TOKYO 2018 すりーみっくす 1/12 可動 ヒイロ・ユイ ガンダムW C3 キャラホビ
I bought this Heero Yuy garage kit which turns out to be a complete garbage. Sigh.. I can't believe that the original price is 8000 yen and I thought I had a good deal for 4000 yen. It is not my first time buying a garage kit and that is why I can say this is an utter garbage. It comes unassembled and the parts come in plastic runners like Gundam models. However it is so terribly made with fragments of plastics around and when the parts are moved from the runner, the edges were so rough. With all the shipping and proxy fees, essentially this is 6000 yen garbage that straight away goes to the rubbish bin T_T

I bought Disney CNY t-shirts by Goldwood at Takashimaya Fair last Sunday. There was no fitting room so I could only rely on the samples on the mannequins, on the hangers, and the sizing on the website of the producer. I asked my sisters if they wanted and they used the sizing on the website to decide on theirs and I used the samples. Wew.. all t-shirts turned out smaller than estimations. I used Takashimaya vouchers to buy and I did not expect the size would be wrong so I did not keep the receipt. I tried my luck on Monday to ask if I could change the size and the staff simply told me "No receipt = no exchange". Bleah.. $75 is not a small amount of money so I refused to give up. I tried my luck further by emailing Takashimaya and Goldwood. Goldwood was nice enough to allow me to show their reply to Takashimaya for the exchange but the fair was already over on Tuesday. Thus I am very thankful that Takashimaya is willing to help me with the exchange. Hurray!!

The one that made me want to vomit blood was Bank of China. My credit card points have never been accurate since October. I have been calling them monthly after each statement but their investigation is taking so long. Finally this month I was able to get a reply and that drove me crazy. I wasted my time for almost 45 minutes with an idiotic staff who dared to raise his voice and created his own Terms and Conditions. He still got the cheek to challenge me that even if I spoke to someone else, I would get the same reply. In the end I just gave up and asked him to get his manager or supervisor on another day. Thank goodness the manager really returned the call because I was already preparing myself to lodge a complaint to MAS if the bank does not follow its TnC. It will take another round of investigation but at least I know that all my foreign spending will get the bonus points as per TnC, and not depending on where the transaction is processed. After the investigation is over, I will definitely complain on this staff to his manager. I worked in customer service before and I know when not to raise my voice or scold since sometimes the staff really has no knowledge or no decision making power. However, it is a big no no to lie (creating own TnC), discouraging me to speak to his supervisor, and to raise his voice. I am not gonna let this bastard off. 

I went for physiotherapy to check on my back. My guess is correct. I am glad that nothing is serious and it is a problem with the muscles. I don't know if I should go again because I have not been doing the exercise that the physiotherapist taught and until now the discomfort still persists lor. Haiz.. Not to mention since it is back issue, I had to take off my shirt for easier assessment lor. Wah lao so paiseh to expose my fat body to a girl sia.. Actually even if the physiotherapist is a guy, I am also paiseh lah.

Perhaps the only good thing that happened this week was meeting my SJI roommate who made a 3-day stop here with his wife. Our meeting place was at Maxwell Food Center and when I came out from Chinatown, it was raining cats and dogs. With the wind, I would be drenched even with umbrella. Thank goodness the rain stopped after I waited for about 15 minutes. After dinner, we walked to Clarke Quay and all the way to Esplanade. It is nice to catch up with an old friend and then reminiscing the old days to realise how childish and trivial were the things we were fighting about. Haha.. But aaah... those were the good old days when the only life's problems were getting A1s, passing English, and passing NAPFA. We shared what is going on with our life and it seems that our family issues are similar. Lol.. Yup parents everywhere are same same but different. We are sometimes frustrated at them although yes we know they have our well being in their mind.

With that, I shall end here to continue packing my luggage for my first work travel tomorrow. Hurray!! I am so excited :D

No comments: