Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Honeymoon period is over

My honeymoon period at new job is finally over. Boss informed me that my next role is to manage a team which is based in the Philippines. As of now, I don't mind and I am actually quite excited for it as it means I get the chance to finally travel overseas for work. Oh tears of joy!! Everything is paid for and there is no bond whatsoever. I would be happier if the flight is with SQ since I will get miles but alas, Philippines Airlines it is. The best part is I am invited to attend an appreciation dinner for a project that I participated in my previous job. I said I could make it at lunch time and by the end of the day of the day, I could not make it since I will be overseas during that week. Fuck yeah!! That better be a good sign for my previous boss that my current job is treating me better. Haiz.. clearly the confession, Christmas, and retreat still cannot make me completely forgive and forget all the hurt I have with the previous job sia..

It is barely a week in 2019 and it is already so hard to keep to the so called new year resolution. Yesterday I was tempted several times and I managed to resist. Today I decided to have a cheat day since after all I need to have a proper meal to replenish my blood after blood donation. Lol. Anyway I wanted to try the salted egg yolk fries from McD. I saw a friend posted on facebook after its release last week and he said it was not nice which sort of kill my interest. Well the curiosity still existed and I decided to try. The good news is there is no reason for trying again. Haha.. I think whoever came up with recipe has never tasted a real salted egg. The taste is so artifical/chemical as if they try to copy the taste of other salted egg products instead of the taste of the actual salted egg.

To top up the happy mood, I finally saw the manga drawing of myself that I won during AFA. I don't think it really looks like me because I sent a front and a side photo and this drawing is a combination of both. The shirt looks better than the photo that they are basing it from. But hey.. no complaining since I am happy with the lucky draw and with having a manga drawing of myself :D
I have no idea where the QR code leads to

No comments: