Saturday, December 29, 2018

Fakebook

As the year is ending and I cannot go home for holiday, I shall use the time to tidy up my life before the new year comes. With all the incoming toys that I have bought and pre-ordered, I have no choice but to pack some of the boxes to my extra storage space. I spent the past 2 nights finding the most optimum way to pack and this morning I finally placed 2 large boxes.
Now this is how my extra storage space looks like
For record purpose, I am updating the information from the previous post about this storage space. The size of my locker is 1.10m (depth) x 1.22m (width) x 1.31m (height). The sizes of the Tsume boxes are Virgo 82cm x 60cm x 49cm, Shiryu 78cm x 50cm x 48cm, Leo 77cm x 46cm x 45cm, and Ikki 48cm x 38cm x 35cm. For the 2 boxes that I put today:
~Small box (46cm x 34cm x 32cm) has the empty boxes of Aoba and Shinji and Kaworu listening to music
~Big box (57cm x 41cm x 46cm) has empty boxes of Athena Exclamation bookends, Sailor Jupiter Figuarts, Lynx from Chrono Cross, Heero and Relena, 6 Kuroko Break Time figures, and 3 Ace of Diamond palmmate figures.

With the new year coming, Orchard Christmas decoration will be removed soon and I realise that I don't have any friends to help me take picture. How sad my life is. Not to mention that my family life has been shit lately. I am just in a bad mood and so sian of my parents only thinking about work, money, and nagging about finding wife bla bla bla. I have equally shit options of ignore messages or replying rudely so I choose the former. Honestly, with unhappy family life so far, it is not surprising that I am not interested to start one myself. With the realisation of the sad state of my life, I decided to register for a retreat next week. Initially I planned to register after reflecting my life but since I was busy with packing the past few days, I did not have the time to do so. Let's see if this retreat allow me to hear what God wants me with my life.

Anyway it is a good thing that I realise and I acknowledge my miserable life without shame. Lol. Different people use social media for different reasons. I don't have instagram and only have facebook so I am only referring to facebook. I use facebook to back up my photos and share emo statuses more than happy ones. Happy things just keep to myself and no need to boast ma. So it is not surprising that now I feel much better at work, the frequency of my status updates also drops. Last Saturday I met my secondary school senior and when I told him that I am happier with my new job, he said "No wonder your facebook last time was like that and nowadays is not like that".

Others, however, may use facebook to hao lian their lives, or to pretend that they are happy, or perhaps I am just being biased. The reason why I say this is because I am shocked when an ex-colleague confided to me that she is stressed with her husband being unfaithful, she is clinically depressed, etc. It is totally unexpected since everything looks fine and sunny in her facebook. I am at age where my peers are getting married, having kids, etc and my main pet peeve is when they share all the small things going on with their relationship and kids. I can understand if you are happy when you are engaged, married, honeymoon, celebrating birthdays or anniversaries. However, if daily/weekly meals or sports or activities also want to post, I am honestly just wondering if you are really enjoying your life because for me when I am busy enjoying my life, my digital life is my least priority. Sorry for being salty and perhaps that is why I am so lonely as I share few similarities with majority of people.

I am also catching up with two friends that I had not been contacting for a long time. I was surprised when one just moved back to Jakarta this August. Ouch :( Last time I occasionally met up with him to drown our sorrows sia. I am emo but then realise that he is more emo than me sia. At least I don't share his sentiment of the boredom living in Singapore like have to rent a place or take public transport. My main gripe with my previous job was because of the job itself but in general I am okay living in my mancave. Haha.. Now with stress level at the job is better, my stress shifts to family. Bleah.. Life can never be perfect eh. Another friend is the one who moved to Surabaya a few years ago. We lost contact because I blocked him on facebook during the 2014 election because I did not find it political jokes funny. So I wished him Merry Christmas through LINE and with the election coming, I tell him I will block him in LINE as well if he starts the political stuff again.

I have decided on my next YOLO trip next year during my birthday. Initially I planned of only going to Japan over the weekend before realising that it will be Good Friday on the friday after my birthday. Thus it makes more sense to take the whole week. I want to explore Tottori since I really want to visit Conan town. The sand dunes also excite me as I can paraglide, sandboard, or ride a camel. I have no friend with similar interests ba. The things that hold me back is I have never been to Tottori before and communication barrier since Tottori is not a major tourism area yet. Thus I am stuck with getting a local guide. Other than that, I have done with my research for the flights, hotels, etc. After 3-4 days at Tottori, of course my plan is to visit Disneyland again. Hahaha.. As of now I do not have plan B yet if I cannot get a guide for Tottori so I am really praying hard to hear a positive response soon.

I thought of going to Paris Disneyland but my colleague who just came back from holiday at Austria and East Europe just shared her experience of almost getting her phone snatched in broad daylight when her kids were using the phone. Oh no.. I am not going to take a risk or going but not able to enjoy because keep thinking of security.

No comments: