Sunday, December 23, 2018

Christmas shopping

My room is filling up with boxes as I am lazy to open up my packages since November. An Amazon package which is estimated to arrive after Christmas miraculously arrived on Friday. With that, I decided to open up all these Christmas presents from myself by myself and for myself before the Christmas. Haha..

The first box that arrived in November contained Shinjiro's Travel Book that I bought since September. Lol. I bought it for 1200 JPY from Yahoo! Auction Japan which was a good deal since the original price is 3500 JPY. I am actually quite disappointed with the book since it is not like the typical photo books with few photos and varieties. Oh well :( This box also contains Kotobukiya ArtFX J Conan that I bought from Amazon Japan for 3980 JPY during sale which is more than 50% off from the original price 8000 JPY. Unfortunately, the domestic shipping to my proxy was shockingly expensive at 1200 JPY compared to the international shipping for this box is only 1910 JPY leh. Haiz.

The second item that arrived in early December is Bleach illustration artbook: JET. I pre-ordered it in September and the item is released in December. I completely forgot about it and the next thing I knew, the item already arrived. Lol. Another 16000 JPY gone but for such a heavy item, the international shipping is very reasonable for only 750 JPY. I don't know how Amazon Japan international shipping fees work since when I ordered only 1 Digimon artbook, the shipping also cost me 750 JPY.

Kinokuniya is having a Christmas sale since last week until tomorrow. Last Sunday I went to check out the prices and I bought some from Amazon instead because they were cheaper even after including the shipping. I bought Harry Potter: A History of Magic (American Edition), The Archive of Magic: The Film Wizardry of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, Lights, Camera, Magic!: The Making of Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald, and Injustice 2 Vol. 4. The massive difference is only for The Archive of Magic (SGD 70.19 after Kinokuniya discount vs USD 21.16 at Amazon) but that is enough to make the whole total for the 4 books cheaper than if I buy from Kinokuniya.

I am also interested in Yoshitaka Amano: The Illustrated Biography Beyond the Fantasy Limited Edition and hardcover edition of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild-Creating a Champion Hero's Edition but their shipping from Amazon wipes out all the Amazon's discount. I am still considering to get them from Kinokuniya but I am still undecided because of space issues. As always..

Nonetheless, I bought a Peter Rabbit plushie which was placed in a dump bin in Kinokuniya. I was hesitating whether to buy it or get it from eBay. Since the price is comparable, I decided not to wait and buy it from Kinokuniya. After the 20% off, he is about $26. Not sure why he is grouchy when in the movie (that I did not watch), he is all smiley and playful. Anyway my main reason to get him is because his shade of blue reminds of the "ui biru" that my mum refused to buy to accompany my childhood rabbit plushie. Lucky I bought it last week since today I never saw that dump bin anymore.
Peter Rabbit (with Bugs Bunny that I bought many months ago)
They look quite similar, don't they?
From Premium Bandai, Digimon Art Book Ver. Pendulum arrived yesterday. I was not satisfied with the first book as I find many digimons are missing and those missing digimons are in this Pendulum version. I enjoy this more than the first book since this book features more digimons that I like such as Gomamon, Patamon, Angemon, and Angewomon.
Today I went to Kinokuniya again and although I did not buy anything, I saw Taiwanese version of Fairy Tail Illustration Book ~Harvest~. Siao liao. I never know there is another Fairy Tail artbook and this was actually released in 2016. I looked for this online and that resulted in me buying many more items online: Heero Yuy from Alpha x Omega, a garage kit of Heero with figma style (not a fan of garage kit but I will get any Heero figure), Gilgamesh by Funny Knights, and Sosuke and Nagisa by Altair. For the last 2, I gave up on waiting to get a second hand on sale. CD Japan is giving 500 JPY coupon and I bought Nagisa from there. Sosuke is already sold out and that is actually the trigger for me to get both instead of waiting longer and risking a sold out. Initially I was emo seeing the coupon as I just pre-ordered Digimon plushies from CD Japan last week. When I checked the plushies again, I was relieved since they are sold out now. Heng I already pre-ordered.

What an irony.. I was scratching my head finding storage space last night and today I bought 5 new things. Bleah.. I promise that this is Christmas/New Year gifts and I will not buy anything else until next year. For now, I am eagerly waiting for my Digimon spectacles which should be delivered tomorrow and I am praying that this will be the ultimate Christmas present which will not disappoint.

After waiting since 2011, Aladdin musical will finally open in Singapore next year. Hallelujah!! Without much thought, I bought the VIP since there is seat in the first row for the final show. And after further thinking, I decided to watch another time for the opening show as well. Lol. I feel poorer today so I bought the cheaper ticket for a seat at the second floor this time. I am so excited and can't wait for all the Alladin stuff coming next year.

Lastly I am also excited with 2019 Conan movie since the setting is in Singapore. It is even more special since the release date coincides with my birthday. Too bad that is the release date in Japan haha.. Add Conan to another shopping list for 2019. In fact, now I am thinking if I should take a few days leave during my birthday to fly to Tottori for a few days. I want to visit Conan town (the real name is Hokuei town) and I do not mind exploring the sand dunes (can ride camel!), temple stay, mountain, and Hakuto Shrine. Now the biggest challenge is to find a local tour guide as Tottori is not that famous as an international tourist destination yet so I think communication will be a challenge. I don't mind paying for a personal tour guide to help me plan itinerary and most importantly to help me take photos. We shall see if this is going to be another solo adventure for me in 2019.
So funny seeing Merlion literally vomits blood HAHA

No comments: