Saturday, November 10, 2018

Wasted Saturday

I finally started watching Digimon Adventure tri after getting the memorial book. I miss artbooks like this as it features the illustrations from various magazines although unfortunately some are on half pages instead of a full page per illustration. The book has 98 pages and the price is very reasonable at 1000JPY. In fact the shipping is so expensive at 750JPY although kudos to Amazon.jp for the 3 days delivery. I won't say much about Digimon Adventure tri yet because I am only done with 3 episodes or 3/4 of the first movie but so far I think the nostalgia and the fact that these kids are teenagers now are handled nicely.

So last month I missed going for the church young adults group because the bulletin was removed and I did not know the room and the timing. Today I set my mind and prepared myself to just be thick skin. I reached the door but I cowered and made a U-turn. Haiz.. I am surprised how I was so thick skinned for RCIY last time and yet I was so scared now. Is it because lack of goal now? Or is it because I am worried of how weird church people are? Sigh.. I don't know..

After the U-turn, I ended up going to Orchard for Pokemon Go community day. Barely 5 minutes into the event, the game was down. Lol. So I ended up exploring Orchard Road for the Christmas decorations. Hehe.. I asked a friend to help me take pictures after he is back from his holiday so I surveyed the places first. It was still early at 1130 and there were already people taking photos T_T I could not beat those little kids lah.

Here are some "sneak peek" photos as I plan to go earlier tomorrow to try my luck if I can take photos without other tourists. Lol. 
Ariel's face looks so weird
Can go inside and sit inside the coach
Minnie is not as popular as Mickey
Poor Elsa is only a cardboard
While Sven gets a statue T_T
Taken in a rush in between people who were queueing to take photo with Olaf
There are still Donald & Daisy, Mickey alone, and Mickey & Minnie together which I did not take the pictures as they are the more popular characters with people queueing for them. The official light up is this evening so I will need to come down a few more times to experience the evening lighting as well. Wooo I have never felt so excited with the Orchard Road Christmas decoration. Haha..

My diet tea from Donki is also not available so it was a wasted trip today. Thank goodness I am still lucky enough to catch 1 shiny cyndaquil on my way home. It feels more shiok to catch 1 best shiny than to catch many need improvement shinies.

No comments: