Saturday, October 27, 2018

What a busy Saturday...

I was pissed with Fedex. During failed delivery attempt 2 days ago, I spoke to the delivery man he said he could help me with arrangement of the re-delivery on Saturday morning between 9am-12pm. He did not leave any missed delivery notice and when I called Fedex yesterday evening, the customer service person said nothing was reflected in the system. Then he said the delivery timing for Saturday is 11am-3pm or 2pm-6pm. Cham liao. I already promised a meet up with carousell seller for the phone case of my Huawei Nova 3i and now everything was messed up.

I woke up at 5am this morning and after playing game for awhile, I went to sleep again until 830am as I wanted to call Fedex again to ask the status for my re-delivery. During this short sleep, I had a good dream about my grandma. It was a happy dream but it made me cry. I think I still miss my grandma. Basically in the dream, I was having a meal with my dad and my grandma. My dad bought fried chicken for my grandma and chicken strips for me because I am lazy to eat things with bones. Surprisingly my grandma said she would like to eat the chicken strips inside. Haha.. My grandma is in her younger years in the dream as I recall vividly her still black hair and full set of teeth. I pray and I believe that my grandma is happy in heaven now.

I received an SMS from Fedex delivery man about my item and thank goodness he replied me back when I asked about approximate time that he would arrive. Item was delivered about 10am and that meant I was able to go to the gym for the 12pm session.

After gym, I went to Plaza Singapura for the meet up and I stupidly tempt myself at the toy shops there. I saw the rare Olszewki Disney Gallery of Light Magic Carpet Ride figurine at Movie Replicas. There was Bambi too. I asked about Aladdin and the guy only showed me Bambi ($160) and said Aladdin should be the same price. I did my homework online. Bambi is available in eBay for about 130-140USD including international shipping but noone is selling Aladdin. Past price showed up to 300USD for Aladdin. Looks like I will have to buy it.

So while googling, I ended up finding ArtFX+ Newt Scamander and ArtFX J Ash and Eiji from Banana Fish from Amazon JP. In total, they were $100 cheaper compared to if I were to preorder from local shop. Wow.. I was also hunting for ArtFX J of Kaito Kid and Conan which are just earlier this week. I did not pre-order a lot of things because I was running out of storage space but after tidying up my things last week, I realised that I still had some space and that's why I ended up splurging again. Oh well.. At least it urges me to dust my figurine display cabinets now. I have been procrastinating about it since before I went to Japan in September and the dust is visually making my fingers itchy to clean already.

No comments: