Sunday, October 7, 2018

Adapting well

I am adapting pretty well with my new job and life is definitely better with responsibility and stress level commensurate with pay. Regular working hours and travelling by MRT allow me to have regular schedule throughout the day. Gone are the days where remembering roster time and setting alarm clock change everyday.

I also enjoy the "own time own target nature" of office job. On some days I can go home earlier when I already complete my work. If I come late, I can just stay a bit longer to compensate and a bit of plus minus for lunch time is also okay. Thank God for allowing me to experience an office job kind of life. Lol.

I never understood what is so great about dressing down on Fridays. Now that I have experienced it, I can testify that it makes a huge difference. It makes Fridays more enjoyable and I woke up feeling happy. I only started this Friday because 2 of my working pants got holes so I had to "save" my working pants for next week.  Bleah.. I decided to buy 3 sets of working pants from G2000. Maybe this is a sign that I am getting fatter from the sedentary office work.

Nothing is perfect so what are the stresses with the current job? Mostly they are minor things like competing with lunch crowd, expensive food (double or triple the amount I paid in my previous job), keeping myself awake at work, and my eyes. Sigh.. perhaps the last one is a serious thing. Anyway I spoke to my boss about it and she also said that I should be taking frequent breaks for my eyes. I am trying to look at the bright side of the expensive food as it forces me to go back to my L-men for dinner. I really need to lose weight as I am inching closer to 70kg and it is scary!

There have been some hiccups as well. I think my boss can be cold and moody at times. Well I always tell myself that it is normal to have sucky boss so I should not be complaining at times. What irks me the most is the inadequate training. I was just thrown the SOP and when I asked questions, I was told to refer to SOP. However, the SOP is badly written that I need clarification. When I try to clarify, the answers really reinforce my point that SOP is bad. Some parts are inaccurate and when I just follow, things are not actually being done according to the SOP. What the heck.. Nonetheless, I am not going to be quick to judge if I dislike this job or I dislike my boss. After all, it is only 3 weeks. For most part of the days, things have been more on the good and happy side.

The next few months look great for movies. I was just talking about Fantastic Beast and the Crimes of Grindelwald with my friends few days ago and the final trailer was out a few hours later. The final trailer reveals Nagini as a human character and action shots look promising. Can't wait for 15 November. Wreck-it-Ralph 2 is scheduled to be out a week after that and these 2 movies are sure watch for me. Bohemian Rhapsody looks promising (because who does not like Queen's songs!) but perhaps I will wait for reviews first since a movie based on a real life of a huge persona may potentially be damn good or damn bad. Meanwhile for December, I am still on the fence about The Nutcracker and the Four Realms and Mary Poppins Returns while I will give Aquaman a miss just like how I skip Venom. Wow.. Disney sure has so many movies lined up.

No comments: