Sunday, September 23, 2018

Socially drained

I am naturally an introvert and a shy person so I feel extremely drained with all the mingling with strangers this week. It takes a mental work to think of conversation topics with strangers. Firstly there is the new work environment. Then on Thursday, I went to PSS Industry Chapter social night. I will normally avoid this kind of thing but I promised my friend to support the event. I decided to give him face since he helped to introduce me to my new job. Wew.. I think I will not make it big in the corporate world since I really do not like approaching strangers and start conversations. Plus I don't drink alcohols although suprisingly some people think I was already drunk because I kept laughing. 

The third one was yesterday when my ex-colleagues invited me to their church event. I usually will avoid attending Protestant Church since I already go to Catholic Church but since one colleague offered to pick me up, it was hard to refuse. While I knew my colleagues, there was dinner after the event and when my colleagues spoke to their church friends, I was being introduced and I had to make friends also. I have to applaud the community spirit in a Protestant Church and it is no surprise that people are more close knitted. It is something that Catholics should learn from although ultimately for me, it is not something to tempt me to change church. After all relationship with God comes first and I believe that is the reason why I am "called" to Catholic Church in the first place.

It has been a tiring week and I did not even have the time to play game after work this week. With the unfamiliarity of new work, I have to be attentive and cautious with everything I do and this is really working my brain. I suppose it is true that when you are familiar with something, you just go auto-pilot without much thinking and that is perhaps why I was not as tired in my previous job. Another good reason will be managing red numbers and settling childish workers clearly do not require that much brain power. It is all about black face and creating scary atmosphere back then. Lol.

No comments: