Sunday, August 12, 2018

Durian outing

After the disastrous D24 Durian outing in 2011 with my family during my university graduation period, I have been staying away from eating durians at the road side. This time the temptation is too great to resist. With friends who are equally eager, we went to Balestier Road for Mao Shan Wang. I have never tried the real fruit although I always like pastries, cakes, ice creams, and anything when they smack Mao Shan Wang on it.

There were 3 of us and we ordered 3 durians. Clearly none of us had prior experience as we over ordered. It was literally 1 per person and compared to other tables, people were sharing 2-3 for a family. After 30 minutes and $50 worth of durian, I think I will have enough durian for the next 1 year. Mao Shan Wang is a bit bitter which is unexpected. I guessed I enjoyed the sugars and flavouring for all the Mao Shan Wang cakes, ice creams, etc. I prefer the durian from Pontianak and I was joking that with $50 I could get 1 lorry of durian at home.

Pokemon Go held 2 days for Community Day to catch 'shiny' Eevee. Since Eevee has so many evolutions, I made it a point to go Orchard to hunt it today. Wow.. the Pokemon Go fever is still going on strong as there are so many people still playing and hunting for 'shiny' Eevee. I am so happy to catch 10 shiny Eevees. Hehe.. If only the game keeps giving me this kind of good luck, I will still remain eager to play instead of only being enthusiastic during events. In fact I played throughout the whole shiny duration because it was difficult to stop when I kept getting the shiny. So I did not feel that I wasted my time and I went home happy haha...

No comments: