Sunday, June 3, 2018

Japan Trip Day 9: Shibuya, Nakano Broadway, Shinjuku, Akihabara

Last day of holiday is always contradictory. It is the last day of shopping and packing so the tendency is to rush. Yet since shopping places do not open so early, there is no need to rush in the morning and that makes the rushing during shopping hours even more.

I started the day going to Shibuya Loft because I was really interested in getting the 3D printed figurine. As the building is not exactly visible from the famous Shibuya crossing, it was my first time there and I think it is quite a hip shopping mall. It was a wasted trip since the 3D figurine counter was always unmanned and I could not tell if the staff of the mall were the same staff for this. Asking questions was also out of question since I could not speak Japanese. Honestly after seeing the sample figurines, I was not as excited. The face is not smooth like resin/PVC/clay figurines but has textile-like structure. Yet with the studio closing in August, this might be the one and only chance I can take my narcissism to this level.

Next I went to Nakano Broadway. Although it was almost 11am, I was surprised that the train was still relatively quiet and today is a Sunday. I reached at about 11am to find many shops were not open yet. Lol I was too eager because internet states the building opens at 11am but Mandarake only opens at 12am lol. I decided to have breakfast at McD first. I do not know how the Japanese ask if I want to eat there or take away so perhaps that is the next thing I need to learn.

Despite having Business Class luggage allowance, storage space will never be enough when it comes to toys and I decided to ship the things I bought at Mandarake although it means having to pay for EMS shipping and forgoing the tax refund. I bought Free! artbooks and Heero & Relena figures which were on sale due to damaged box at Surugaya that I saw yesterday. Another consideration for shipping was to have free hands for my shopping later in the day. Lol.

I still could not stop thinking about the 3D figure so I went back to Shibuya Loft and in the end I just had to give up as there was still noone manning the counter :( I went to Shinjuku and somehow found the Uniqlo store with the Doraemon statues. It was actually a Bicqlo store (Bic Camera + Uniqlo combined store) so no wonder it did not appear as Uniqlo store in google. Shinjuku is so big and I do not think I will be able to locate this place back haha but it was quite nice somehow ending in this area as it was a car-free day and people could walk on the streets.
If I were a Doraemon fan, I would be thick skin and asked a stranger to help me take a photo lol
Akihabara was also having a car-free day until 6pm and it was interesting to see people cosplaying and taking pictures on the streets. Since I was empty handed, I decided to buy food stuff at Don Quijote and Kazuya Miyuki figure. 5000 yen was not enough to get 8% tax refund so I added Ryosuke Kominato palmate figure (1000 yen) and with tax refund, it felt as if I only paid 200 yen for him.

I binged eat again for dinner. On top of buying 2 packs of paopao, I also bought Godiva drink and takoyaki from the hotel's food court. Obviously I could not finish them and I had to force my sister to help me with paopao. Lol. Packing was also a nightmare from overshopping. If I did not ship my shopping from Mandarake, there was no way I could fit everything haha.. After deciding that I would bring 2 suit cases + 1 hand carry bag to be checked in + 1 hand carry bag + 1 backpack tomorrow, I did not have enough lock. Lol. At 9pm, I walked around Shinagawa area to find kombinis and they all did not sell lock. Oh well.. lucky my sister brought 1 extra.

So that is all for this Japan holiday T_T

No comments: