Friday, June 1, 2018

Japan Trip Day 7: Akihabara

As much as I would like to explore Nikko, I had to listen to my aging body. I was too tired to find the way to go to Nikko last night so I decided that I would just spend the whole day shopping at Akihabara today. Shopping meant I could slept longer as there was no point going too early before shops opened.

With one whole day for shopping, I basically took my time to explore shop by shop, building by building. By mid-day, I only finished 2 buildings just outside the stations lol.

It was quite relaxing to have 1 day to stop but clearly 1 day at Akihabara is not enough. Haha.. I was so stressed trying to remember which shops sell which items at which price because so many different shops are selling same items for different prices. Obviously I will try my best to get the cheapest. With more shops, there are more items to buy so eventually the stress goes to prioritising what to buy. Not to mention that I have not visited Nakano Broadway yet and there may be other things that I will want to buy.

Most of my loots today came from this small shop called Ganking. It is located at the same building as Lashinbang. I bought a mini Q posket set (Aladdin, Jasmine, Peter Pan, Wendy) for 3500 yen, an additional Aladdin alone for 800 yen, PM figure of Tooru Amuro for 2400 yen (I prefer a cooler or more action type of figure but since I don't have any Amuro's figure, this Cafe Poirot version will do for now and it is cheap), and Conan Chokonose figure for 1250 yen (I bought the reading book version. Due to space, I kiv-ed the talking through voice changer version because the face is not so cute). Perhaps the golden treasure found today is Hakuoki Artbook set that I found in the first Surugaya store nearest to the Akihabara station. I bookmarked this item in my CDJapan account since 2012 and after that it was sold out so to find it for only 2200 yen (vs original price 4000 yen) is definitely a good bargain. I also bought Free! Starting Days artbook. Okay add 8% taxes to all the above. Lol.

In the same building, there is another shop which sells a lot of gachapon toys loose. I bought Disney Prince Bust Statue Collection: Hercules (400 yen), Aladdin (500 yen), Eric (350 yen), and the Prince from Snow White (350 yen). Don't know why Aladdin is the most expensive.  

Surprisingly, I came out empty handed from Mandarake lol. It never happened before. There are some items that I keep in my kiv list such as Cloud and Zidane Mini Plush (from Amiami), Yu Yu Hakusho - Manga Structure (from Amiami), Echizen Ryoma and Taikoubou Jump 50th Anniversary figure (from Surugaya nearest to the station), and Hinata and Kageyama figures (from Lashinbang), and a Free! poster/bromide display that I am not exactly sure what (also from Lashinbang).

I could not find the curry rice store near the station so I ate at Ginza Lion for lunch and for dinner I finally bought PaoPao for dinner. Yup..as the holiday is coming to an end, there is always a shift of attention to food.

Hmm.. I thought since the whole day I was only shopping, my post would be shorter today. This turns out to be quite long too. Haha.. Okay back to laundry business again now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi if you still have Final Fantasy statues and wants to sell them let me know :)

darkrose said...

Hehe unlikely I will ever want to sell them