Thursday, June 21, 2018

Incredibles 2

The Incredibles came out in 2004 and I found it groundbreaking with the theme: what if superheroes do exist in real life? Not only it deals with the usual superheroes stuff, the family theme makes the struggles more believable. It took more than a decade for Incredibles 2 and I am definitely very hyped about it.

I am not sure if I have grown up or Incredibles 2 simply lacks the novelty factor that the original has as I do not enjoy it as much as the first one. Incredibles 2 still deals with present world family issue when mum has to work and dad has to take care of kids at home. Other than this, it basically reuses whatever has been used in the Incredibles, except that this time is saving the mum instead of the dad. The characters do not exactly develop and nothing new is offered from them so seeing the same powers like in the first movie no longer extract the same sense of wonder. The conflict/threat presented seems too personal or small scale for a superhero movie and I honestly cannot be bothered about "whether superheroes are legal or not" compared to a "threat to humanity or world destruction" for example. The action scenes are not that action-packed and I do not get any adrenaline rush. Perhaps the saving grace for this movie is Edna Mode and Jack Jack but they do not get enough screen time to actually make me enjoy this movie.

I had high hope for this movie and I was hoping that this movie could help to uplift my mood a little bit. Nah..

No comments: