Thursday, May 31, 2018

Japan Trip Day 6: Disneyland

After a disastrous wet day yesterday, I managed to wake up earlier today but decided to sleep another 30 minutes because I was too tired. Guess what: my shoes were dry and I found my missing socks. Basically the shoes and the socks that I bought yesterday were unnessary. Jeez.. Since I already bought them, I decided to wear them for Disneyland today. I decided to bring umbrella but not coat after the rain yesterday since today's weather forecast was also similar.

While Disneysea felt emptier than usual yesterday, Disneyland was as crowded as ever. To celebrate Tokyo Disney Resort 35th anniversary, there is a huge 35th anniversary decoration at the garden at the entrance and it is a photo taking opportunity not to be missed. At the middle of the World Bazaar, there is a huge 35th Anniversary structure with statues of Mickey in various outfits from previous Tokyo Disney Resort's anniversary. I did not take photo with the thingy as the whole area was so congested and I dislike taking photos with strangers in them.
35th Anniversary Structure (I don't know what this is called :p)
It looks even more amazing in the evening
We went to get fast pass for Monster Inc -supposedly the most popular Disneyland's attraction and we did not try this in December. We were so tired and we decided to just explore the shops in World Bazaar first to look for things and plan for our shopping at the end of the day. After that, we just sat down to wait for the parade even though it was still another hour. The good thing was that we got the front row.

I watched the new parade, Dreaming Up!, from Youtube and I thought it was not as nice as Happiness is Here parade. I was wrong: Disneyland's parade will never disappoint. Lol. Although the floats are smaller than Happiness is Here parade, it is amazing to see Mary Poppins, Peter Pan, and Wendy flying mechanism. I am also sad that Aladdin and Jasmine are "relegated" to walking characters instead of getting their float but it turns out to be a good thing. Aladdin noticed that I was wearing an Aladdin t-shirt and he pointed at my shirt. This shirt is really a good investment lol.
The unflattering expression because Aladdin is not so popular and perhaps he does not expect there is a fan
After sitting down for almost 1.5 hours, we decided that our legs were prepared for some queueing lol. Surprisingly, the queue for Mickey's house was only 35 minutes. Even better, finally we got Fantasia Mickey!! I would be so irrirated if I got the Band Conductor Mickey again for the 3rd time. Sadly I looked damn sai in the photo T_T

It started to drizzle although it was not as bad as yesterday. Since I already carried the umbrella, I opened it for the sake of using it. Lol. We went to the newly renovated It's a Small World which turned out to be quite crappy. Instead of dolls, a lot of the characters are using boards. So unimpressive. The music between the areas was also not gelled together. Although the queue looked intimidating, it moved quite quickly and we spent only about 25 minutes waiting.

We had lunch at Queen of Hearts and lucky there was no queue. Earlier when we were walking towards Toon Town, the queue was crazy. I had hamburg beef patty and rice so I would not be hungry (and angry) today lol.

With full stomach, it was time for the rides now starting with Monster Inc. Similar to Toy Story, this is super popular because it is an interactive ride. We have a torch light and we shine it at the "M" logo, monsters will pop out and stuff. Unlike Toy Story, there are no points whatsoever here so it is all in the name of fun. I don't follow Monster Inc so I did not really have fun. Lol.

We went for Star Tour next which only had 5 minutes waiting time. Lol. This is actually the same concept as Nemo SeaRider at Disneysea. I find it ironic that Nemo is super popular at Disneysea while noone seems to care about Star Tour at Disneyland. Star Tour is based on Star Wars and I think the animation and adventure are more exciting than Nemo.

The queue for Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters looked damn long so I took fast pass for that since Singapore teaches me that long queue means good stuff. Lol. By then it was only about half an hour until the next parade and surprisingly we still could get front row. Perhaps the park was really not as busy as December. Haha.. This time I decided to change side to the left side of the parade direction (in the morning, we sat at the right side of the parade direction). It was a terrible decision because staff members were walking on the left side with the parade so they were blocking the views when I wanted to take photos. Zzz... I think the Aladdin was still the same as the morning so he noticed my shirt again and this time he walked over to high 5 me! Wahahaha.. Yes that high 5 cost me his photo from nearby but it is okay. Again, I think this Aladdin t-shirt is really a good investment. Haha.. Maybe next time I will wear this and loiter around at Arabian Coast at Disneysea to wait for Aladdin and Jasmine to take photos with them if they are loitering.

The rides in Disneyland are quite kiddy so it was quite an easy decision to spend the rest of the time queueing for photos with Donald and Daisy. Lol. I was not hungry yet but I wanted to avoid waiting until hungry and jostled with dinner crowd so I decided to have early dinner at Camp Woodchuck Kitchen. Anyway the waffle sandwich looks interesting also lah.

I went to try the Westernland Shooting Gallery. It looks interesting since it uses real rifle (sadly not real bullet). Lol.. 200 yen for 10 shots and obviously I sucked and got 0. I honestly did not know how to use the rifle like look through where for the aiming part etc.

It is time for our Astro Blasters fast pass next. I am surprised that Monsters Inc is more popular than this as I find Astro Blasters more similar to Toy Story Mania and hence more fun. We even have the control over the direction of our seats for Astro Blasters so that is even more interactive than Toy Story Mania. Unfortunately, the light from the blaster is too faint and most of the time, I could not see which my laser was. That took away some of the fun factor so yeah Toy Story Mania at Disneysea is still undoubtedly the best ride.

After that it was close to time for the Electrical Parade. I have watched this 4x so I am okay to miss it. Lol. Hence when we walked pass the One Man's Dream II show and it still allowed admission, we went in. My sister wanted to sit and we were left with bad locations. We sat at the first row on the left side and perhaps half of the show was blocked. Haiz.. Should have just stood at the back at the standing area.

When the show ended, it was just nice the time for Electrical Parade which surprise surprise was cancelled! Yesterday Fantasmic was still playing although it was raining. Now it was only light drizzle, so light that it was okay not to open umbrella, yet Electrical Parade was cancelled. Hmm.. Anyway it was actually a blessing in disguise since we got to see Nightglow Parade. That is the parade reserved for rainy days so it is a rare opportunity.

For Nightglow Parade, there are only 3 floats lol. Sad. The direction is also reversed to start from Toon Town. We did not get nice photos so we ran over to wait near Dumbo ride which is near the end of the parade route for more photos.

We decided that we were to tired to play so we decided to spend the rest of the day at the shops at World Bazaar. Honestly I am quite sad because there is really nothing that I want to buy. I tried to force myself to like some of the Arribas figurines but nothing caught my liking. I actually hope to get the medium size Cinderella Castle there only the small one was available and the small one was not really impressive. So much for my business class luggage allowance T_T

At the end of the day, the weather made a fool of myself again today. I brought umbrella and left my coat and today was not really raining until umbrella was needed but it was windy and cold. Great -_-" Nonetheless, I enjoyed myself better than yesterday as I got Fantasia Mickey, tried the new It's a Small World, played a few rides, watched parades in front rows, and most importantly I got high 5 from Aladdin. Lol.

No comments: