Sunday, August 14, 2016

Dedication

It is good to be sociable and I am glad that I decided to go for the usher BBQ yesterday. I was very hesitant because I knew very few people. In the end, there were only 2 ushers whom I know. Talking to others make me realise that what I am feeling is quite normal and there are others out there who feel the same as me. People may term it as a 'quarter life crisis' but basically it is the feeling of emptiness and lack of purpose in life after graduation from university. It is made worse, thanks to social media, with jealousy when you see your friends are furthering their education and having family etc.

All the emo talk caused me a nightmare that made me even reluctant to get married somehow. I am so lazy to find a girlfriend and I always joke with my parents to match make me. In my nightmare, I was really match made but I had never met the girl until the morning that I had to go the gate crash and when I decided that I AM NOT GOING TO DO THIS but how I am going to inform everyone! Lucky it was just a dream and I could escape simply by snapping back to reality.

On the way home from the BBQ, I decided to walk back from Matrichie bus stop all the way home to find pokemons along the way. I realise that it is a waste of time to hunt pokemons at areas with no pokestop as pokemons only start spawning when I reach Upper Thomson Road shophouses with several pokestops there. I nearly fell and broke my ankle when I caught Magmar near as I did not realise that there was a step. Yes I have to thank God for that. Stay safe when pokehunting, guys!

Today I walked from Dhoby Ghaut (after my Japanese class) all the way to MBS, again to just pokehunting. Sigh.. It was quite disappointing as even at the large body of water, all I got were Magikarps and Psyducks. Based on the eggs that I have, I walked a total distance of 10km within the past 24 hours. Wow.. and I consider myself just a casual gamer. Lol. If only such dedication is directed towards my life, perhaps I already earn my Masters and I am already married with few kids now.

After 1 month, I am finally back in Church lol. Thanks to Mother Mary. Tomorrow is Assumption Day which is a day of obligation. Hence I decided to might as well go for Sunday mass today and then for Assumption mass tomorrow. Hehe.. it turned out to be a 2-in-1 as the mass was considered a sunset mass for Assumption. Hurray that means tomorrow I don't need to go again. Anyway, it was announced that they were looking for cathechist. I am interested but I am scared :( I will be alone, I don't have any experience, and I am not exactly a good example of faith. Father said not to worry about skills etc because training will be provided. Haiz.. I don't know.. I will pray for God to give me a hint if I should go for this but I don't know what kind of hint/push that will make me realise that it is indeed God's sign.

No comments: