Tuesday, November 20, 2012

one Sexy Zone


Sexy Zone released their first album last week (14 November). The title of the album is one Sexy Zone. I am lucky enough to be able to get it (albeit illegally) 2 days after the release. As I have mentioned previously, I like good songs and singers are secondary. That is why I don't consider myself a fan of "a singer or a band" but a fan of good songs. Having said that, I have to say that I am disappointed with this album.

I have high expectations because I think their previous 3 singles (which were all number 1) are pretty good. The songs in this album, unfortunately, seem to be moving away from the cute and fun tunes/images from their previous singles. Tune-wise, I don't find any new song which is memorable, even after listening to the album for few times.

I know it isn't fair to compare but I think Hey Say JUMP! and NEWS albums which I have are much better than this one. They are better because they have more nice songs which were not previously released as singles. To me, this album is somewhat similar to KATTUN albums which I don't quite like for similar reason.

Anyway, who cares about my opinion right? one Sexy Zone still reached number 1 in last week's Oricon chart! Apparently they also broke the record as the youngest group whose album topped the chart. Congrats to them for that.

"Lady Diamond". Their second single which I think is the best out of their 3 singles. Quite a bad live version here but I could not find the PV in Youtube :( Johnny's Entertainment is quite shiong when it comes to closing videos with copyright infringement.

No comments: