Saturday, August 25, 2012

Final Fantasy VIII Extra Soldier Series by Bandai


Hi, I am back again with another post of my toy collection. This time is Final Fantasy VIII Extra Soldier Series by Bandai. I believe they were released circa 1999-early 2000s during the Final Fantasy VIII boom. Initially, there are 8 figures being sold individually as per Irvine and Quistis' packaging as shown in the picture. Other than the 2 of them, the other characters are Squall, Selphie, Zell, Rinoa, Laguna, and Seifer. Then for some reasons, the boxed sets were released with the addition of Edea, Moomba, and Angelo. 

I never actually imagine myself having this after reading all the reviews that this set is one of the lousiest set of Final Fantasy VIII figures. Well, I guess Bandai just cannot beat Kotobukiya. Haha.. Anyway the main reason why I bought this was the price. People are usually selling these at ridiculous prices. I spent about $100 to get all of this. That works out to be about ~$10 per figure which I thought was pretty reasonable. Another reason for buying is Edea, Irvine, Zell, Moomba, and Angelo figures. Unfortunately, Zell and Irvine are not included in the Final Fantasy VIII scale 1/6 Kotobukiya figures. And there is hardly any Edea, Moomba, or Angelo figures around

So is the quality really that bad? Hmm.. actually they are not that bad.. They are atrocious :p Haha.. Squall had crossed eyes too. Lame crap la! I did not try the stand and the accessories so I cannot comment on how bad they are in these aspects.

But oh wells, what is bought is bought. Having these for the sake of being a hardcore fan of the series. Haha.. Anyway thanks to the atrocity of this set, it made me decided NOT to buy the series by Banpresto whose figures are more or less of the similar size of these. I would expect similar quality too? Haha..

3 comments:

Andy said...

Hi,

I am interested to purchase this set, not sure if you are selling it? ><

If you intend to sell it just quote me the price. Thanks! My number is 91507161 =)

darkrose said...

Sorry, Andy, I have no intention of selling this.

Robby said...

Are you ready to sell now?