Thursday, July 12, 2012

Toy wish

Yesterday I decided to go out after work to relieve myself from all the emo feelings since last week. Well it did not really work. I went to Plaza Singapura to check out the toys. Nothing new and appealing leh =x I made the correct decision to buy the Final Fantasy toys online because it is not available yet here. Hehe.. And I am interested in getting Chun Li by PlayArts Kai which is selling for $99. Aaah.. After all Chun Li is the very first video game character I ever played. Yup Street Fighter is the very first game that I played and thanks to Chun Li, I always prefer to choose female characters and kicking characters for fighting games. Haha.. As usual, PlayArts Kai figures are a bit imba in terms of the poses that they can make. Seeing the things that Chun Li can do makes my eyes O_O Even Squall cannot do that many poses hai hai...

Of course promotional pictures as above can be misleading. But I have seen a blog comparing the real figure against the game sprites and I am speechless. This is really epic. My only problem with this is the size of the thighs. The thighs are really chicken drumsticks sia. Haha.. It looks akward as compared to her exposed knee joints when she bends her legs.

Moving on to the next topic: Harry Potter collectibles. Yum yum..I discover that there is one shop here which is selling Harry Potter busts by Gentle Giants. Each bust costs about $80. I checked online to find that there are 40 over busts. Woops.. Don't worry I am not that crazy to collect this. Perhaps I am a bigger fan of Japanese anime/manga than a Harry Potter fan. With the similar cost, I rather get a full body action figure by Japanese companies ba. However, I have to admit that these busts have amazing details. They are modeled based on the movie actors and actresses. Take a closer zoom on the face and the similarities are just striking, right to the hair strands and the lines on the palm. They look "alive" and it is not easy to make dead objects look alive. Some pictures below.

Unfortunately, they are just half body busts so I am not interested. Looking at the bright side, if they are so appealing, I will want to buy them. And I will be emo even more due to lack of money and lack of storage space. 

Okay, stop all the dreaming.. Back to reality.. My Zidane and Garnet arrived yesterday. A bit disappointed with the packaging although it is ridiculous of me to expect something brand new and shiny when they were release more than 3 years back. I am quite disappointed with Play Arts job. The paint on Zidane's hair is flaking :( and Garnet's right leg is longer than her left -_-" Garnet will definitely need the stand to stand. Haiz.. However, she looks gorgeous. She looks a bit mellow for most of the time in the game and I never think of her as pretty or what. Her pendant is also gorgeous. The "jewel" is made of plastic but its shape is nice. Zidane has a nice facial expression too. The eye brows are drawn to make him look cheeky. Definitely a much better expression than the Dissidia trading arts version. Zidane also comes with 2 swords (don't ask me to name them) which unfortunately cannot be combined together like in the game. He also comes with a scabbard for one sword to be slotted in. That is a nice addition. I tried to bend and twist the joints and I am pretty confident I can somehow pose him like his fighting stance. I shall see in December.

I am pretty sure that Zidane and Garnet are original version. And that only makes me more emo because all my previous FF VII and FF VIII and FF X toys are fakes T_T

No comments: