Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Final Fantasy Trading Arts Kai Mini - First Impression

Just like what mother always tells me: if you never look around, you will not know, and you will not be tempted to buy. I was actually looking around old Final Fantasy toys when I discovered the latest Square Enix release: Final Fantasy Trading Arts Kai Mini. From the name alone I was not too interested. Although "Kai" suggests high quality products, Final Fantasy Trading Arts Mini series are usually small =x But after I saw a few pictures, I made up my mind. Gotta collect them all!! Lol..

Anyways, the first volume contains 3 characters: Cloud, Squall, and Yuna. They come with interchangable face, something inspired by Nendoroid series. Frankly, the size and the facial details are not impressive. What interest me are the accessories. In addition, I think it is quite creative that they also come with "command menu" from their games. 
Squall comes with Cactuar and Pupu! Hehe.. Plus the Seed uniform. Yum yum!!
I always can't be bothered abotu Cloud. But his Fenrir pose is pretty cool and he does not look so emo here.
Yuna is a biiiig disappointment. I was expecting some of her summons too. But nope :( She only comes with her gunner dress. Sigh..
As you can see, the only good thing about Yuna is that she comes with 2 heads. That means I am able to put up 2 figures of Yuna. Squall and Cloud only come with 1 head which means I have to choose 1 pose each time :( Sad.. Aaah... really tempted to get 2 sets (so I can have 2 bodies) of Squall leh =x And not that I am biased in favour of Squall, I think out of the 3, Squall is the nicest =p 2 swords, 2 clothes, and 2 summons. Whee...

Each is selling for 2000 Yen. This time I decided to try buying from cdjapan.com. I spent about $120+ for all 3 (inclusive shipping by SAL). I hope they will arrive safely soon. I could have bought them from Yesasia.com for $150+. A bit more expensive but shipping is much faster. The last time I received my Squall Dissidia Play Arts Kai in a week. But oh well, $30 is as good as 1 figure. Lets see whether cdjapan or yesasia is better so I can patronise one in the future.

Interestingly, the first news about these products actually came out in June last year. This June, it was announced the volume 2 of the series. Looks like it will be for next year?? Haha.. Volume 2 contains Lighting, Tifa, Tidus. Sigh.. FF VII always gets special treatment eh... But Tifa will come with Red XIII so I think it is good. Lighting will be somewhat similar to Cloud. She will come with Odin. Tidus will come with.. nothing special -__- Just like Yuna in the first volume.. Seriously, why all the hate with FF X eh :(

No comments: