Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Chill pills

I need to take chill pills. I hate to shout and scream at people but lately I am getting pissed and angry with one particular hospital. Last week, I received a prescription from that hospital. Brand name was prescribed and unfortunately, as bo liao as it was, I had to somehow reach the doctor for agreement to give generic instead. Sadly to say, the pharmacy was damn anal. Instead of contacting the doctor on my behalf, I was asked to call the clinic. After failure to do, I was so fed up. I scolded the technician pretty badly: "When you have problems with our prescriptions, we help to contact the doctors on your behalf. We do not ask you to call the clinic number. Why cannot you call the doctor on my behalf? Do you want the next time you call us we give you the call centre number? What is your SOP? I want to speak to the pharmacist.". I did not intend to be nasty but too bad, you knew you could not help me. I did not want to bother you and hence I asked the in charge. I found you to be irritating for refusing to help me and refusing me to speak to your superior. Anyway in the end I spoke to a SENIOR pharmacist who turned out not far from the technician from being anal. Although in the end I managed to get her to call, I found her "Oh this time is a favour on our part". Puui!! If she was not a pharmacist, I would not show respect and would have scolded her as bad as I scolded the technician.

Today was another problem with the same hospital. Yes, now YOU wanted us to call the doctors. The issue was: donepezil tablet was prescribed but they only kept donepezil orodispersible tablet. Yup, they wanted a confirmation that it was ok to give the orodispersible tablet. RIDICULOUS! Even the doctor was like WTF when I asked. I always thought it was generally agreed when generic name was prescribed, anything can be given. I am aware with the recent discontinuation of donepezil (Brand: Aricept) tablet and all change to donepezil orodipersible tablet (Aricept Evess). They should know that the tablet is no longer available right? Sigh.. 

Anyway I do not want to be anal so I asked them why now they wanted to see the orodispersible. Last year when my place had not kept mirtazapine, we always sent out prescriptions saying Remeron. We never received any phone calls to confirm this and that. Even with Remeron on the Rx, mirtazapine orodispersible was given to patients. So what is the fucking problem with donepezil now? Again, I raised my voice to the person on the phone. The person could not answer and asked someone senior. The reply I received: Oh because this donepezil is a recent change of formulation. Wah piang -__-

My happiness yesterday was shortlived. I found that someone in Singapore is selling the Cerberus toy for $30. That's half of what I spent :( Sigh.. and the box condition is like brand new (complete with price tag from Takashimaya). Haiz.. emoz emoz emoz..

No comments: