Monday, May 14, 2012

Karma is a bitch...

I often say that at the rate I am writing complaint letters, it is just a matter of time before I get one myself. And today is the day which finally came! I got my first complaint. I hope it WOULD be my last although I am SURE that it will not be :p

To set up the appropriate mood, I shall start by sharing how foul my mood was after lunch. Then came an irritating man. He wanted a cough mixture which was given by doctor previously (Procodin). Too bad for that we did not sell without prescription. He did not know what I was trying to say and explain and that made me fed up A BIT. So I offered him alternative (Promethazine). He was fine with that and when I asked whether he got phlegm or not, he started saying he wanted something to cough out his pleghm.. Zz.. At this I got increasingly annoyed and asked him whether he wanted the one he previously got (which won't help with the phlegm) or he wanted something for the phlegm. If he wanted something for phlegm then stop requesting the one he got last time. Okay.. this is the background story which turned my mood to become even sour.

Now comes the main act. The person wanted to buy medicines for her 2 and 5 y/o kids. She could not speak English zz.. After this and that, I gave everything to her, told her this was for what and that was for what. For the doses, I just told her that the doses for 2 and 5 y/o are the same. Unfortunately she did not understand what I was saying and kept saying to the husband while showing the medicines "He never wrote the dose! He never told the dose!" Zz.. Then they decided to ask my friend who was next to me. Seeing that they no longer had the interest to talk to me, I went behind. My friend could not answer the question and asked me while I was walking backed. I replied in an annoyed tone "Same dose! I told them already what!". Ok looks like the couple who did not understand English suddenly got ENGlightenment (enlightenment to English) and thought that I was rude and scolding them. Fantastic! Plus the fact that I was blackfacing them (thanks to the previous idiot), the concocted story became even more powderful.

Unfortunately, I am a proud man. I admit that this time it is my fault for getting the complaint. But I won't admit that I do something wrong. I just won't back down to rude people. Hello, you come to Singapore you jollywell learn English okay. I am not a racist or something but I have to say the Chinese, regardless of their nationality, are extremely rude and disgusting people. I have NEVER seen a Malay or an Indian insisting people to speak their language. Only the Chinese does and I find that very very rude.

Oh well, there is the first time everything. By right, I should learn from this experience. Oh well, I guess I will remain stubborn. If you say nicely that you only speak Mandarin, I will be more than happy to TRY speaking to you in Mandarin, OR get someone to talk to you. But if you DEMAND nastily for me to speak Mandarin, even IF I can, I will not speak to you.

What happened cannot be undone.. I am just hoping that the person who promised to write compliment for me really did so. At least it shows that I am actually a good person.. just that to selective people. Sometimes I am just amazed.. It is not a matter of providing good or bad customer service. It all boils down to luck. The people I serve well are not the type who will write compliments while the people I serve badly are the types who will complaint. Conversely, other people with suckier attitude serve badly to people who don't complain and serve well to poeple who will write compliments.. Life is not fair. Get on with it~~

I will see how my boss will screw me upside down tomorrow.. And ironically, I am the one nominated to join the Customer Service workgroup from my branch.. Haha~~

No comments: