Sunday, May 6, 2012

Friday was the pledge affirmation ceremony and that is the LAST official thing which marks the completion of my transition to be a full-fledged pharmacist. How glad I am! Don't take it wrong. The thing I am glad is that there will be no more of this kind of thing. Seriously, I just cannot stand a whole bunch of hypocritical people. I still don't understand how some people 'forget' about their friends whom they always hang around together with for 4 years in university. Now they hang around with their newfound friends from the past 9 months. How fake!! For me, friends are friends, and colleagues are colleagues. Some colleagues can become friends but not all. And by becoming my colleagues, it does not mean you become my friends. I don't buy such argument. If after FOUR freaking years in the same class and we are not friends (or for some perhaps we don't even talk), don't think just because we happen to be together in same training institution for 9 months then we can be friends. Phui...

Another thing which I cannot stand was the display of fake cameraderie (whatever it is spelt). Please.. Everybody shares their companies' dirty secrets with one another so really, no need to display such fake show. It is disgusting. Same thing with those who always praise themselves for how they manage to handle busy situation or nasty patients. We all know everybody is facing that day in day out. It is just a matter of choice whether you want to say how perplexed and irritated with these situations or whether you want to turn it around and use it as a boasting of what you do. Yucks.. This small thing oso wanna boast -_-

I also cannot stand people who boasts "Yay I am a pharmacist now!" or "Congrats we are pharmacists". Oh please.. Right from the start, everybody will become one. There is nothing to congratulate. It is sort of rite of passage. Okay that's all.. I am done with such display of boasting, show off, and holier-than-thou attitude.

Saturday was World Free Comic Book Day and Kinokuniya celebrated it by giving each member free comics. I received 1 plastic bag of comics (there are 25 in total) and 1 Thor Heroclix (oh well, the face is ugly and I don't play it). Anyway it is not really 25 comic books. Hmm how should I say it. Usually 1 comic book consists of several chapters. And before a book comes out, usually the stories are released by chapters bi-weekly or monthly as a "magazine". So basicaly I got 25 of such "magazines". I am really amazed with the Americans. Yup these are all American comics and some of them are printed SPECIALLY for this day. Even the Heroclix bear the logo "Free Comic Book Day". I wonder really how much money is spent. And there is a huge variety: Marvel, DC, Capcom, Disney, Peanuts, etc. Well cool stuff but it still does not sway me to favour USA comics. Lol.. If only there will be a World Free MANGA Day. I will be looking forward to it.

I was introduced to Standard Chartered Bank Credit Card Promotion. Immediate $80 cashback for each card. WOW!! Too bad I don't have any pay slip yet -__-" Anyway, now it is time for me to start about saving and having Credit Card. My current bank account is good enough for daily usage. But I want to have one purely for savings. DBS/POSB's interest of 0.05% is just disgusting. Sigh.. I am thinking of opening an account with CIMB which offers 0,8%. Actually it is small but then hey.. it's 16x more LOL.. What I mean by "for savings" is that that account will be where I park my money which is not meant to be used. That's why I don't mind even though CIMB only has 2 branches and limited numbers of ATMs. It will make withdrawing money even harder and hence a good account purely for savings. Lol.. I shall ask for more information tomorrow.

And I had a nightmare yesterday :( I dreamt that one of my teeth dropped off.. After that I told my mum about it. I hugged her and cried. Then I woke.. I actually was hugging my bolster!! But it was scary for 2 reasons: 1) Losing teeth for me who is still wearing braces is really A TERRIBLE nighmare! 2) My mum told me that if you dream about losing teeth, it may be a sign that someone is dying. The first fear that crossed my mind immediately was that something happen to my mum or my other family members :'( Thank God everything is alright.. God please protect my family :'( It is okay for me to die but please not my family..

Ok better sleep now.. Tomorrow 8am T_T

No comments: